From: JAK71454 on
I have Vista and ran the IDT - Audio - IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
update yesterday and now I get the following on the volumn control:
NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED

I checked "installed updates" to remove this and it is not there.

I tried to restore back to several restore points and I got an
unspecified error for all the restores.

What should I try next? Jim
From: L_tree on
I have a gateway with the sigma tel sound driver that is preventing the
update to sp1. I installed this windows update, which is some manner removed
the sigma tel driver. I contacted gateway chat support, who pointed me to an
unsigned driver on the gateway site, which I downloaded, this provided
instructions to reload and I got sound back. HOWEVER, it remains to be
seen if windows update will then "find" the sp1 update for me, one concern
already, when I reselected windows update, it found the same IDT CODEC update
already installed on the machine.

From: mickdanny on

I have just had download from windows with an update for IDT high
defenition
audio codec today 2nd may 2008 and now my sound has gone completly can
any one help me with this I went into my device manager and clicked
update drivers and it has tryed load with new settings this did nit
work

Help help well done windows

Mick

--
mickdanny
mickdanny's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=48005

http://forums.techarena.in

From: abfabinri on

I just updated and same problem...I tried rolling back drivers...that
crashed computer...unistalled..tried reinstalling the Sigmatel Codec
that I had originally and it updates but back to the IDT! Any idea?

--
abfabinri
abfabinri's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=48012

From: messiaen77 on

If your sound was working fine before the update, you can try a system
restore. Click on 'start,' type in 'system restore,' select the
application, and follow the wizard, selecting the time for the restore
that correllates to the time directly preceeding your installing the
update. This worked for me.

--
messiaen77
messiaen77's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=48035