From: KenobiRox on
I have an issue that I've researched without any success.

--
Kenobirox
From: Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM on
"KenobiRox" <KenobiRox(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an issue that I've researched without any success.
>> On an IBM T43 XP Professional SP2, I am getting the following error
>> messages
>> in Event Viewer:
>>
>> Source: Application Hang
>> Event ID:1002
>> Category:(101)
>> Hanging application IEXPLORE.EXE,version 6.0.2900.2180,hang module
>> hungapp,version 0.0.0.0,
>> hang address,0x00000000
>>
>> I have ran Windows Updates.
>> I'm not sure if uninstalling/reinstalling Explorer will fix this
>> issue(I've
>> read many unsuccessful attempts).
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>> Thanks,
>
> --
> Kenobirox

Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these
Web pages.
Help with malware:
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince
you that you owe it to the author. See also:
of.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
www.fjsmjs.com

From: KenobiRox on
Alot of good sites, I did do a virus scan, but failed to scan for spyware.
Also, I ran sfc /scannow.
I will try these suggestions and post back the results.
Thanks for your help!
--
Kenobirox

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Asked/Answered in microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support

If you must make identical posts to multiple newsgroups, please cross-post
one (1) message to all of them. Thank you.

Multiposting vs Crossposting:
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/