From: David Mark on
On May 25, 8:09 pm, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/25/2010 3:07 PM, David Mark wrote:

> >> FWIW, ran most aspects of my jQuery-heavy websites and extranet apps
> >> through the the IE9 Platform Preview and not seeing any issues
> >> whatsoever.
>
> > It's not worth a plugged nickel.  jQuery doesn't use UA sniffing (and
> > still no thank you card from them).
>
> To whom might that "thank you" card be most appropriately delivered?

Who do you think? We just went over this.
From: Garrett Smith on
On 5/25/2010 5:40 PM, David Mark wrote:
> On May 25, 8:09 pm, Garrett Smith<dhtmlkitc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>>> It's not worth a plugged nickel. jQuery doesn't use UA sniffing (and
>>> still no thank you card from them).
>>
>> To whom might that "thank you" card be most appropriately delivered?
>
> Who do you think? We just went over this.

I asked you first. What're you shy now or what?
From: David Mark on
On May 25, 9:02 pm, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/25/2010 5:40 PM, David Mark wrote:

> >> To whom might that "thank you" card be most appropriately delivered?
>
> > Who do you think?  We just went over this.
>
> I asked you first. What're you shy now or what?

LOL. Just tired of your amnesia-induced-endless-loop bullshit. ;)
From: Garrett Smith on
On 5/25/2010 6:13 PM, David Mark wrote:
> On May 25, 9:02 pm, Garrett Smith<dhtmlkitc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Who do you think? We just went over this.
>>
>> I asked you first. What're you shy now or what?
>
> LOL. Just tired of your amnesia-induced-endless-loop bullshit. ;)

Doesn't look an answer to the question. That can be taken as a
concession of the claim that someone deserves a "thank you" card (not
even Roger Gilreath, etc).
From: S.T. on
On 5/25/2010 3:07 PM, David Mark wrote:
> On May 25, 4:20 pm, "S.T."<a...(a)anon.com> wrote:
>> On 5/19/2010 6:02 AM, David Mark wrote:
>>
>>> From what I've heard of IE9, it sure seems to spell doom for Dojo,
>>> ExtJs, YUI, etc. And jQuery too (at least to some extent).
>>
>> FWIW, ran most aspects of my jQuery-heavy websites and extranet apps
>> through the the IE9 Platform Preview and not seeing any issues
>> whatsoever.
>
> It's not worth a plugged nickel. jQuery doesn't use UA sniffing (and
> still no thank you card from them). They use bogus object inferences,
> which are less likely to be affected by what I described. But your
> empirical evidence gathered with the preview
> edition and your "jQuery-heavy" websites is virtually worthless.

All I'm saying is, based on ~15 minutes of observation, the jQuery
apocalypse you continue to rant about appears very unlikely to arrive
with IE9.

Perhaps IE9 will start a Dojo or YUI apocalypse and you can throw a
party or something. Stay upbeat.