From: Scott Sauyet on
David Mark wrote:
> On May 26, 7:24 pm, "S.T." <a...(a)anon.com> wrote:
>> All I'm saying is, based on ~15 minutes of observation, the jQuery
>> apocalypse you continue to rant about appears very unlikely to arrive
>> with IE9.
>
> You are truly without a clue.  The "jQuery apocalypse" has been here
> for years (your delusions notwithstanding).

The "jQuery apocalypse", huh? You keep using that word. I do not
think it means what you think it means.

It's simply *inconceivable* that a new version of IE will spell the
end for jQuery. :-)

--
Scott
From: David Mark on
On May 28, 10:09 am, Scott Sauyet <scott.sau...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> David Mark wrote:
> > On May 26, 7:24 pm, "S.T." <a...(a)anon.com> wrote:
> >> All I'm saying is, based on ~15 minutes of observation, the jQuery
> >> apocalypse you continue to rant about appears very unlikely to arrive
> >> with IE9.
>
> > You are truly without a clue.  The "jQuery apocalypse" has been here
> > for years (your delusions notwithstanding).
>
> The "jQuery apocalypse", huh?  You keep using that word.

Wrong. S.T. used that word. Note the quotes.

> I do not
> think it means what you think it means.

Yes, I saw that movie too.

> It's simply *inconceivable* that a new version of IE will spell the
> end for jQuery.  :-)

I don't think you understood my post(s) at all, did you?
From: Stefan Weiss on
On 28/05/10 16:09, Scott Sauyet wrote:
> David Mark wrote:
>> On May 26, 7:24 pm, "S.T." <a...(a)anon.com> wrote:
>>> All I'm saying is, based on ~15 minutes of observation, the jQuery
>>> apocalypse you continue to rant about appears very unlikely to arrive
>>> with IE9.
>>
>> You are truly without a clue. The "jQuery apocalypse" has been here
>> for years (your delusions notwithstanding).
>
> The "jQuery apocalypse", huh? You keep using that word. I do not
> think it means what you think it means.
>
> It's simply *inconceivable* that a new version of IE will spell the
> end for jQuery. :-)

Maybe jQuery is only "mostly dead"?

--
stefan
From: S.T. on
On 5/27/2010 7:13 PM, RobG wrote:
> On May 27, 9:24 am, "S.T."<a...(a)anon.com> wrote:
>> All I'm saying is, based on ~15 minutes of observation, the jQuery
>> apocalypse you continue to rant about appears very unlikely to arrive
>> with IE9.

> It was posted 2 days ago on the new forum and not a single response.
> None.

Not sure what any of that has to do with IE9.

Also not sure what responses you expected that poster to receive. Not
many psychics active in that forum.
From: David Mark on
On May 28, 1:36 pm, "S.T." <a...(a)anon.com> wrote:
> On 5/27/2010 7:13 PM, RobG wrote:
>
> > On May 27, 9:24 am, "S.T."<a...(a)anon.com>  wrote:
> >> All I'm saying is, based on ~15 minutes of observation, the jQuery
> >> apocalypse you continue to rant about appears very unlikely to arrive
> >> with IE9.

> > <URL:http://forum.jquery.com/topic/verison-compatibility-issue>
>
> > It was posted 2 days ago on the new forum and not a single response.
> > None.
>
> Not sure what any of that has to do with IE9.

It has to do with jQuery's being tripped up by new releases of IE (in
fact they never have gotten IE anywhere close to right in a number of
critical areas). History is usually a good indicator and IE9 is going
to diverge wildly from the previous versions. What does that tell
you?

There is no one jQuery. It is constantly changed to "keep up" with
"current" browsers, leaving wreckage of older browsers in its wake.
Of course, the end-users don't know about this, except when sites
suddenly stop working. And they may not be able (or want) to upgrade
just to "keep up" with jQuery. Most likely have never heard of
jQuery. ;)

> Also not sure what responses you expected that poster to receive. Not
> many psychics active in that forum.

The point is that this is the sort of corner that jQuery paints you
into. What does the typical browser scripting neophyte do when
presented with baffling compatibility problems? Upgrade/downgrade
jQuery and pray? And, of course, swapping it out may well introduce
other problems, which may or may not be immediately noticeable
(beginners are notorious for shoddy testing procedures, trusting that
things will "just work" in "all browsers" thanks to jQuery's magic).
In other words, psychics may be your only hope at that point. :)