From: caduser on
Hello,

I received an IGES file and I'm trying to extract some dimension from
it.

When I try the model it tells me "Could not create reference dimension
from current set of selected items.

I tried to create a drawing and dimension it and I get a message, "The
selected entity could not be converted into a line or a circular arc."

Does anybody know of a way to get these dimensions?

Thank you

BTW. I'm using SWX 2006
From: TOP on
Turn on VIEW FACE CURVATURE. Then you can assess the model and get
some insight into which features are analytical and which are spline
based.

1. Try FeatureWorks
2. Try the measure tool
3. Slice and convert edges or overlay three point circles as needed.

TOP

PS: What is the source of the IGES file?

From: caduser on
I think it's Alias <sp>

From: TOP on
If you turn on face curvature display can you see faces with constant
curvature?
Are the features you want to measure showing up with a single color or
a rainbow of colors?

TOP

From: ms on
"TOP" <kellnerp(a)cbd.net> wrote in message
> If you turn on face curvature display can you see faces with constant
> curvature?
> Are the features you want to measure showing up with a single color or
> a rainbow of colors?
>
> TOP

Where's bong-kweer with his "seamless, unified, whatever..." ?

I'm sure with his vast knowlege he'll let us know how VD cam or VX cad or
3dinkies or whatever can do this so well. Long live global shape shifting
and insane CAD-CAM jihad!!!

Pages: 1
Prev: SWCP
Next: Solidworks 2007 and Vista