From: Dom on
I'm considering going for Certification. Any feedback from people
about this? My var may let me for-go the training and just sit the
exam. I'm fairly confident that I'll know the content. Does anyone
have some pop-questions that may appear or give me an indication if I
should do the training. (I've been using SWx since ver. 2003 and
mainly do mechanical design.)

Cheers, Dominic.

From: TOP on
Go for it. It can have advantages.

TOP

From: Sam on
"My var may let me for-go the training "

I dont believe attending any training is a requirement for taking the
test. If your VAR says you must attend their training sessions in
order to take the test I believe they are being less than honest. I
used sw for about 2-3 years before passing the test (started on 98,
took test on 2000 or 2001+) and still to this day I have never
attended any var training.

This is not an answer to your question but thought I would mention it
anyway.

Sam

From: pete on
I am not a var, but....
I would do the training, not only to get a higher pass rate, but you "may"
even learn something new.

I say this because, you started on 2003 and "may" not be aware, of all of
the new functions that have appeared in subsequent releases.

Have you done much surfacing work?
I do mechanical design too and have never needed surfacing to complete my
goals.
What if there are questions or tasks that include surfacing?

Does the exam include add-ins?

Before the flamers burn me, (I have not taken the exam, though I would love
too), but I remember the college lecturer stating that no radio questions
are in the exam and 70% of the class failed because of it, not me, cause I
like radio!
OMG, that was years ago!, lol

From: FlowerPot on
Dom wrote:
> I'm considering going for Certification. Any feedback from people
> about this? My var may let me for-go the training and just sit the
> exam. I'm fairly confident that I'll know the content. Does anyone
> have some pop-questions that may appear or give me an indication if I
> should do the training. (I've been using SWx since ver. 2003 and
> mainly do mechanical design.)
>
> Cheers, Dominic.

Name 3 history dependent items that you can find in an assembly tree.

Daisy.