From: Jens Baier on
Hello NG,

I have an issue with an IIS 7.0 and 7.5
When I enter the name https://Server1 all is fine and the dfault website is
displayed
When I enter the name https://server1.domain.tld I get an authentication
popup window and after I enter the credentials, all is fine, but I think
that Integrated authentication should be open the website without requesting
credentials?
And why does it work when I enter the NetBIOS name and when I enter the FDQN
not?
The Certifciate is correctly installed. It is always the same on different
IIS machine, regardless if IIS 7 or IIS 7.5.
I read many articles aboz the 401.1 and 401.2 error message but I didn't
found a solution
Please advice

--
Gruss Jens
www.it-training-grote.de

From: Jens Mander on
hi jens,

> I have an issue with an IIS 7.0 and 7.5
> When I enter the name https://Server1 all is fine and the dfault website
> is
> displayed
> When I enter the name https://server1.domain.tld I get an authentication
> popup window and after I enter the credentials, all is fine, but I think
> that Integrated authentication should be open the website without
> requesting
> credentials?
> And why does it work when I enter the NetBIOS name and when I enter the
> FDQN
> not?
> The Certifciate is correctly installed. It is always the same on different
> IIS machine, regardless if IIS 7 or IIS 7.5.
> I read many articles aboz the 401.1 and 401.2 error message but I didn't
> found a solution
> Please advice

your site is perhaps in the wrong zone? the authentication-window won't
pop-up when the fqdn you are trying to access is in the local intranet-zone.
alternatively you can put your internal domain (*.domain.tld) in the
exclusions of your proxy-settings if your ie is configured to use a proxy -
means tmg.
;-)

--
greets, jens mander...
www.aixperts.de

From: Ken Schaefer on
Hi,

This is a browser problem, not an IIS problem. IE will only automatically
use the user's current credentials in certain circumstances:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=258063

Put the site into the Intranet security zone and it should work based on
your description of your situation

Cheers
Ken