From: mawa316 on
Hi all,

We have a web app that our users install to a virtual directory. On
Win 2K8 Server R2 we have found that our application requires the
following IIS Features/Sub-Features be installed....

Common HTTP Features: Static Content
Application Dev Features : We install all sub-features with
ServerManagerCmd.exe.
Security: All sub-features installed as above.
IIS 6 Management Compatibility: All sub-features installed as above.

We're not sure if we need all the sub-features of the last 3 Features
outlined above, so we will be in the process of weeding some of these
out if possible.

Now my questions. Installing these features/sub-features in this
fashion, am I putting the funcionality of other applications installed
to the same website or other websites for that matter in jeopardy?

Is there a way to set this stuff on a specific website or virtual
directory as to avoid any potential issues with making global settings
in IIS itself?

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Thanks MUCH in advance!!
From: mawa316 on
On Feb 15, 3:49 pm, "mawa...(a)rcn.com" <mawa...(a)rcn.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have a web app that our users install to a virtual directory.  On
> Win 2K8 Server R2 we have found that our application requires the
> following IIS Features/Sub-Features be installed....
>
> Common HTTP Features:  Static Content
> Application Dev Features :  We install all sub-features with
> ServerManagerCmd.exe.
> Security:  All sub-features installed as above.
> IIS 6 Management Compatibility:  All sub-features installed as above.
>
> We're not sure if we need all the sub-features of the last 3 Features
> outlined above, so we will be in the process of weeding some of these
> out if possible.
>
> Now my questions.  Installing these features/sub-features in this
> fashion, am I putting the funcionality of other applications installed
> to the same website or other websites for that matter in jeopardy?
>
> Is there a way to set this stuff on a specific website or virtual
> directory as to avoid any potential issues with making global settings
> in IIS itself?
>
> Any information is greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks MUCH in advance!!

Can I use AppCmd to set some of this stuff at the Virtual Directory
level?