From: Borg on
Or pop up Superdrug and get a new phone for �10
From: chunkyoldcortina on
On 21/07/10 22:47, Steve Dulieu wrote:

> "JL" <newsaccount(a)mail2web.com> wrote in message
>> Purchased an old Nokia on eBay a few weeks ago and been using it with
>> a Vodafone SIM with no problems. When I insert an Orange SIM I get
>> signal for a few seconds and then it disappears. Selecting 'Orange' on
>> a manual network search gives a 'No Access' message.
>>

> No need, you've managed to buy a single band GSM900 handset. Ain't ever gonna
> work on Orange or T-mobile (which use GSM1800) I'm afraid.

If that was the case, 'Orange' wouldn't appear on a manual network search.
From: Steve Terry on
>I don't understand how it would be unlocked on 900 but not 1800Mhz, though?
>
> I also don't know what network I should pick for the unlocking? It seems
> to be accepting all SIMs...
> Thanks JL

You don't know what network it was originally on?
That's a problem, code generation depends on knowing which it was on
give it your best guess

It's unlikely but an outside chance that it's been only partially unlocked
A selection of levels of unlock codes are available

Follow the procedures on those online code generating sites i listed for a
full unlock

Steve Terry
--
Welcome Sign-up Bonus of �1 when you signup free at:
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/G4WWK