From: PSJ on
"JM" <zado_38(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> To check yourself, run QW's Tax Schedule Report to see how the info
> reports out.

Just tried that & there are no categories in cash transferred out nor cash
transferred in transactions, the acc't detail tax schedule information is
"Total IRA gross distribution" but $ transferred out do not show up in the
tax schedule. I can easily add two cash out for the fed & state tax in the
taxable acc't but that does not account for the withdrawal. How did you find
a way to categorize the transfer?
--
PSJ

From: PSJ on
"PSJ" <psjcal(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> "JM" <zado_38(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> To check yourself, run QW's Tax Schedule Report to see how the info
>> reports out.
>>

> Just tried that & there are no categories in cash transferred out nor cash
> transferred in transactions, the acc't detail tax schedule information is
> "Total IRA gross distribution" but $ transferred out do not show up in the
> tax schedule. I can easily add two cash out for the fed & state tax in the
> taxable acc't but that does not account for the withdrawal. How did you
> find a way to categorize the transfer?
> --
> PSJ

As an addendum, I did do the 2 tax withdrawals from the taxable acc't & they
showed up in the tax schedule report; it is just the distribution that is
absent. I am certain this is because the taxable acc't is checked to show in
the tax schedule while none of the deferred acc'ts are checked -- income in
the latter is not a taxable event, just the distribution.

From: JM on
The transaction is a transfer of funds from the IRA account to the
taxable account. The category field contains the transfer designation
[IRA account] ot [taxable account] depending on which end of the
transaction you are looing at.

Are you by chance looking at transactions downloaded from your FI? -
these will not show the transfer designation. You need to enter the
transfer transaction in the register before downloading.

In the Tax Schedule Report, you should find the info for these
transactions under the heading '1099-R' - toward the end of the report.

The first sub-heading is 'Total taxable IRA distib' - the total taxable
withdrawal.
Followed by sub-headings for each withholding; 'IRA federal tax
withheld' and 'IRA state tax withheld'

From: JM on
What you see is correct - the IRA acct is not checked in the Tax Sched
Rept.

It is setting the 'Transfers Out' for the IRA acct that triggers
reporting a taxable event.

Looking at the IRA account transaction category field - do you see the
designation for a transfer?, i.e., [Taxable Acct] where 'Taxable Acct'
is the name of your taxable account?

From: PSJ on
> The transaction is a transfer of funds from the IRA account to the
> taxable account. The category field contains the transfer designation
> [IRA account] ot [taxable account] depending on which end of the
> transaction you are looing at.
>
> Are you by chance looking at transactions downloaded from your FI? -
> these will not show the transfer designation. You need to enter the
> transfer transaction in the register before downloading.
>
> In the Tax Schedule Report, you should find the info for these
> transactions under the heading '1099-R' - toward the end of the report.
>
> The first sub-heading is 'Total taxable IRA distib' - the total taxable
> withdrawal.
> Followed by sub-headings for each withholding; 'IRA federal tax
> withheld' and 'IRA state tax withheld'

The acc't held $xx cash, I did a "cash transfer" from the IRA to the taxable
acc't of the full am't (deleted the 3 separate neg. values that the fi
downloaded). I could find no other suitable option to remove the cash from
the acc't. I then went to the taxable acc't & did 2 withdrawals, 1
categorized to 1099R fed tax withholding & 1 state. The 2 tax withholding
show at the bottom of the tax schedule report, the total distribution does
not.
--
PSJ