From: JM on
We'll get it!

Open your IRA account to 'Summary' view.
Scroll down to find/select the 'Edit Account Details' button - under
the 'Account Attributes'
In the 'Account Details' window - select the 'Tax Schedule Info'
button.
You are now looking at the 'Tax Schedule Information' window.
The first selection is a check box which will be checked to show that
this account is a 'Tax-Deferred of Tax-Exempt Account'
The next choice is 'Transfers In:' - the entry box should be left
blank.
The final choice is 'Transfers Out:' - open the drop-down menu and
scroll down the choices.
The choices are a long list of items resembling the tax line
assignments for categories.
Scroll down to find/select '1099-R:Total IRA taxable distrib'
Click 'OK' and your done.

You should now find that 'Transfers Out' from your IRA account are
reported in the Tax Schedule Report - under the header '1099-R'.,
sub-header 'Total IRA taxable distrib.'

As added background info - you will receive a year-end Form 1099-R from
your IRA custodian reporting the taxable withdrawals and withholding
activity for your account.

Let me know how it goes.

From: John Pollard on
PSJ wrote:
> "JM" <zado_38(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> PSJ
>>
>> We got our thread a bit tangled - so let's pick it up from
>> here.
>>
>> First, my appologies - the IRA account transfer transaction
>> does not
>> have a 'Category' field - it does have the 'Account' box in
>> which you
>> select the account to transfer-to which is your taxable
>> account.
>>
>> I think were ok to this point.
>>
>> My last question was:
>> In the IRA account - Do you have the 'Transfers Out' set to
>> 1099-R:Total IRA taxable distribution'?
>>

> There is no transfer called 1099-R ... The only option that I
> see
> available is "Cash transferred out of acc't" Using this I can
> only
> name the acc't to which it was transferred, the amount,
> description &
> memo; none of these has anything to do with taxes -- except it
> is a
> withdrawal from an IRA. There are numerous types of
> transactions but
> none that have anything to do w/this issue. As the tax line
> item is
> correct for $ out of the acc't, I thought it would show in the
> tax
> schedule report but there is no 1099-R income from the IRA
> acc't. I
> can manually add it to the tax planner, but would like to see
> it in
> the tax schedule report. Thanks for bearing w/me on this.

Open the IRA account to the Summary tab. On Account Attributes
title bar, click Options. Select "Set Tax Attributes". Assign
the correct tax schedule line to "Transfers Out".

--
John Pollard
First initial underscore Last name at mchsi dot com

From: PSJ on
"John Pollard" <invalid(a)invalid.com> wrote in message
> PSJ wrote:
>> "JM" <zado_38(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> PSJ
>>>
>>> We got our thread a bit tangled - so let's pick it up from here.
>>>
>>> First, my appologies - the IRA account transfer transaction does not
>>> have a 'Category' field - it does have the 'Account' box in which you
>>> select the account to transfer-to which is your taxable account.
>>>
>>> I think were ok to this point.
>>>
>>> My last question was:
>>> In the IRA account - Do you have the 'Transfers Out' set to
>>> 1099-R:Total IRA taxable distribution'?
>>>

>> There is no transfer called 1099-R ... The only option that I see
>> available is "Cash transferred out of acc't" Using this I can only
>> name the acc't to which it was transferred, the amount, description &
>> memo; none of these has anything to do with taxes -- except it is a
>> withdrawal from an IRA. There are numerous types of transactions but
>> none that have anything to do w/this issue. As the tax line item is
>> correct for $ out of the acc't, I thought it would show in the tax
>> schedule report but there is no 1099-R income from the IRA acc't. I
>> can manually add it to the tax planner, but would like to see it in
>> the tax schedule report. Thanks for bearing w/me on this.
>
> Open the IRA account to the Summary tab. On Account Attributes title bar,
> click Options. Select "Set Tax Attributes". Assign the correct tax
> schedule line to "Transfers Out".
>
> --
> John Pollard
> First initial underscore Last name at mchsi dot com
> Please reply to newsgroup

Tax attributes in this tax deferred acc't are set for "1099-R Total IRA
gross distrib" It does not show in the tax schedule report.

From: JM on
Is the this tax attribute assigned to "Transfers Out:"?

From: PSJ on
"John Pollard" <invalid(a)invalid.com> wrote in message
> PSJ wrote:
>> "JM" <zado_38(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> PSJ
>>>
>>> We got our thread a bit tangled - so let's pick it up from here.
>>>
>>> First, my appologies - the IRA account transfer transaction does not
>>> have a 'Category' field - it does have the 'Account' box in which you
>>> select the account to transfer-to which is your taxable account.
>>>
>>> I think were ok to this point.
>>>
>>> My last question was:
>>> In the IRA account - Do you have the 'Transfers Out' set to
>>> 1099-R:Total IRA taxable distribution'?
>>>

>> There is no transfer called 1099-R ... The only option that I see
>> available is "Cash transferred out of acc't" Using this I can only
>> name the acc't to which it was transferred, the amount, description &
>> memo; none of these has anything to do with taxes -- except it is a
>> withdrawal from an IRA. There are numerous types of transactions but
>> none that have anything to do w/this issue. As the tax line item is
>> correct for $ out of the acc't, I thought it would show in the tax
>> schedule report but there is no 1099-R income from the IRA acc't. I
>> can manually add it to the tax planner, but would like to see it in
>> the tax schedule report. Thanks for bearing w/me on this.
>
> Open the IRA account to the Summary tab. On Account Attributes title bar,
> click Options. Select "Set Tax Attributes". Assign the correct tax
> schedule line to "Transfers Out".
>
> --
> John Pollard
> First initial underscore Last name at mchsi dot com
> Please reply to newsgroup

BTW, though gross distribution is accurate according to fi, I did try
changing it to the 1099-R Total taxable distribution in case that was the
problem, still no joy, no entry in tax schedule report.