From: JM on
Do you have the 'Transfers Out' set to '1099-R:Total IRA taxable
distrib' for the IRA account?

From: JM on
You are correct in that the IRA account is not checked in the Tax Sched
Rpt - It is setting the 'Transfers Out' for the IRA account that
triggers reporting the distribution as a taxable event.

Looking at the transaction in the IRA acct - do you see a designation
for a transfer in the category field, e.g., [<taxable acct name>]

From: PSJ on
"JM" <zado_38(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> What you see is correct - the IRA acct is not checked in the Tax Sched
> Rept.
>
> It is setting the 'Transfers Out' for the IRA acct that triggers
> reporting a taxable event.
>
> Looking at the IRA account transaction category field - do you see the
> designation for a transfer?, i.e., [Taxable Acct] where 'Taxable Acct'
> is the name of your taxable account?

There is no category field just acc't to transfer cash to another acc't just
the acc't name of the taxable acc't. As I said before, I transferred the
gross am't then in the taxable acc't had 2 withdrawals; withdrawals have
categories.

From: JM on
PSJ

We got our thread a bit tangled - so let's pick it up from here.

First, my appologies - the IRA account transfer transaction does not
have a 'Category' field - it does have the 'Account' box in which you
select the account to transfer-to which is your taxable account.

I think were ok to this point.

My last question was:
In the IRA account - Do you have the 'Transfers Out' set to
1099-R:Total IRA taxable distribution'?

From: PSJ on
> PSJ
>
> We got our thread a bit tangled - so let's pick it up from here.
>
> First, my appologies - the IRA account transfer transaction does not
> have a 'Category' field - it does have the 'Account' box in which you
> select the account to transfer-to which is your taxable account.
>
> I think were ok to this point.
>
> My last question was:
> In the IRA account - Do you have the 'Transfers Out' set to
> 1099-R:Total IRA taxable distribution'?

There is no transfer called 1099-R ... The only option that I see available
is "Cash transferred out of acc't" Using this I can only name the acc't to
which it was transferred, the amount, description & memo; none of these has
anything to do with taxes -- except it is a withdrawal from an IRA. There
are numerous types of transactions but none that have anything to do w/this
issue. As the tax line item is correct for $ out of the acc't, I thought it
would show in the tax schedule report but there is no 1099-R income from the
IRA acc't. I can manually add it to the tax planner, but would like to see
it in the tax schedule report. Thanks for bearing w/me on this.
--
PSJ