From: hutch-- on
smile,

I have tried to warn you already that all of this flattery may end up
going to my head. After reaching the sublime heights of being the
"fucky one", I did not think I could climb the ladder any higher. :)

==============================
You are fully right on that point, but the complete story
is that, when you took a run on this subject, you were
targeting _me_.
==============================

You flatter yourself, you were included because of your Betov Licencing
System (BLS) subtitled, if you want it, STEAL it. I pointed te
cpmplaint and warning to ANYONE who tried to cash in on Iczelion's name
and I make no apologies for that.

==============================
On my side, i did a _LOT_ of works, contributed to many
Demos, collaborated with several of the pioneers, (for
example, Test Departement and Ron Thomas), wrote two and
half Megas of Assembly Sources, two megas of _valid_
Documentation, and so on...
==============================

TD wrote for MASM32 well after it was released and Ron Thomas was on
the scene later than when MASM32 was released so you should give up
recreating well known history. Your problem was you were not there
either and missed the boat.

==============================
You are a real _nobody_, Hutch, and you chest bombing
gesticulations cannot replace any done real work. We all
perfectly understand that your absurd defense of the
MicroSoft C-Side-Toy, that you redistribute illegaly,
has no other mean but to give yourself some importance
that you never had, otherwise, by anything really done.
==============================

Awe diddums, felling a bit left out of it again, I suggest its time for
you to try another bottle of "open sauce" so that you can nod off again
and keep your legs warm as you discharge your main byproduct. it must
be soul destroying for such a clapped out failure in the face of the
sheer brutal power orf MASM and its near absolute dominance of
assembler programming for Windows.

Regards,

hutch at movsd dot com

From: Paul Dunn on
hutch-- wrote:

> He did not write any other versions in any other language and the only
> tutorials written by him are on his web site. When someone ports
> Iczelion;s work to another language, they are NOT Iczelion's work and
> should not be referred to in that manner.

Have the Iczelion tutorials been ported to Visual C++ yet? If not, may I do
so? They do look quite useful, and I'm sure the community would benefit.

From: f0dder on
Paul Dunn wrote:
> hutch-- wrote:
>
>> He did not write any other versions in any other language and the
>> only tutorials written by him are on his web site. When someone ports
>> Iczelion;s work to another language, they are NOT Iczelion's work and
>> should not be referred to in that manner.
>
> Have the Iczelion tutorials been ported to Visual C++ yet? If not,
> may I do so? They do look quite useful, and I'm sure the community
> would benefit.

Feel free to do so, as long as you give credit where credit is due.
Pay no notice to hutch, translating the tutorials would be in accordance
with the copyright notice, and in the spirit of Iczelion.

I would suggest Charles Petzold's "programming windows" instead, though.

From: Paul Dunn on
f0dder wrote:
> Paul Dunn wrote:
>> hutch-- wrote:
>>
>>> He did not write any other versions in any other language and the
>>> only tutorials written by him are on his web site. When someone
>>> ports Iczelion;s work to another language, they are NOT Iczelion's
>>> work and should not be referred to in that manner.
>>
>> Have the Iczelion tutorials been ported to Visual C++ yet? If not,
>> may I do so? They do look quite useful, and I'm sure the community
>> would benefit.
>
> Feel free to do so, as long as you give credit where credit is due.
> Pay no notice to hutch, translating the tutorials would be in
> accordance with the copyright notice, and in the spirit of Iczelion.

:-D

> I would suggest Charles Petzold's "programming windows" instead,
> though.

Oh, but Iczelion's are so much more worthy. Nice to know I'll not be
breaking any laws though, thanks.

From: JGCASEY on

f0dder wrote:

> I would suggest Charles Petzold's "programming windows" ...

This is perhaps the best book for a Win32 API beginner
who knows how to program in C? As good as Iczelion's
tuts may be they are not aimed at a Win32 API and MASM
novice even if they do know some assembler and would
be complete gibberish to a absolute assembler beginner.

It interests me that those that have the ability to
write an assembler lack the ability to write their
own tutorials, particularly tutorials to get newbies
interested in assembler. I think assembler will die
out with the old guard in any hobbyist sense and
become simply a side tool for systems programmers.

John