From: Gaiseric Vandal on
What does the following command show?
#getent passwd | grep -I UserA

-----Original Message-----
From: samba-bounces(a)lists.samba.org [mailto:samba-bounces(a)lists.samba.org]
On Behalf Of Abe Lau
Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2010 8:27 PM
To: samba(a)lists.samba.org
Subject: [Samba] Identical user entry in pdbedit (tdbsam)

Hi,
On a routine checking on the PDC last week, I found 2 identical user entries
displayed under "pdbedit -Lv" (identical "User SID" and "Primary Group SID"
etc.).

With "pdbedit -x -u UserA", both entries of UserA got removed.

As soon as I re-add UserA to the samba user list, an identical duplicate of
UserA were created. This happens only on UserA.

"tdbbackup -v *.tdb" gives:
account_policy.tdb : 19 records
ntdrivers.tdb : 1 records
ntforms.tdb : 0 records
ntprinters.tdb : 1 records
passdb.tdb : 188 records
registry.tdb : 51 records
schannel_store.tdb : 26 records
secrets.tdb : 5 records
share_info.tdb : 1 records

I am wondering what direction I should go in resolving this.

System Info:
Debian Lenny
Samba 3.2.5-4lenny
PDC with tdbsam backend

Many thanks,
Abe
UserAB:x:2085:2085::/home/users/nick:/bin/false
UserA:x:2085:2085::/home/users/nick:/bin/false

The first line is for another user, so I guess it could be ignored. Thanks.

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 11:21 AM, Gaiseric Vandal
<gaiseric.vandal(a)gmail.com>wrote:

> What does the following command show?
> #getent passwd | grep -I UserA

Sorry a mistake here. The command output should be:

UserAB:x:2004:2004::/home/users/nicky:/bin/false
UserA:x:2085:2085::/home/users/nick:/bin/false

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 11:43 AM, Abe Lau
<abelau+samba(a)gmail.com<abelau%2Bsamba(a)gmail.com>