From: Pam on
Hello,

Can someone please tell my why this code will not open the Reminder form
when StopTime is blank for the tech selected? It goes straight to the
GenInfo form.

If IsNull(Forms!fttWorkLogHiddenOpen!StopTime) & _
(Forms!fttWorkLogHiddenOpen!CboTech) = Forms!fttswitchboard!CboTech Then
DoCmd.OpenForm "fttWorkLogReminder", , , "tech='" &
Forms!fttswitchboard!CboTech & "'"
Else
DoCmd.OpenForm "fGenInfoTT", , , "jobnumber=" & Me!JobNumber
End If

Thanks in advance.
Pam

From: Douglas J. Steele on
You need to use And, not &

If IsNull(Forms!fttWorkLogHiddenOpen!StopTime) And _

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

From: Pam on
I still can't get it to work as needed. If Tech has time running on job and
starts another job, WorkLogReminder should pop-up with open time based on
null stop time and tech name on WorkLogHiddenOpen. Sometimes it will pop-up
and others it will go right to the GenInfo form with the subform for time
entry. The subform for time entry and the hidden open form are both based
on the same query. I thought maybe it was an update (requery) issue, but I
just closed the db with null stop time and went back in and it went straight
to the time entry form - not catching that there was time running on another
job.

Do you have any suggestions to what I might be doing wrong?
Thanks for your help.
Pam

From: Douglas J. Steele on
Are you certain that Forms!fttWorkLogHiddenOpen!CboTech equals
Forms!fttswitchboard!CboTech?

With the form open, if you go to the Immediate Window (Ctrl-G), what values
do you see?

From: Pam on
I have the immediate window at the vba code screen and both switchboard and
workloghiddenopen are open, but there is nothing in the immediate window. I
selected a tech and still nothing.