From: nospam on
In article <e9ls26t008h3v3ceg7b3omtb9gfqk7ue5j(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
<jncl1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

> >You've ruined it in post processing so it doesn't matter what you took it on.
>
> Are you so threatened?

obviously it's you who is threatened since you rely on post processing
to fix the shortcomings of the camera (and photographer).

it's not a bug it's a feature.
From: Pete on
On 2010-07-02 22:09:35 +0100, John Navas said:

> On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 20:54:03 +0100, in
> <2010070220540397864-availableonrequest(a)aserverinvalid>, Pete
> <available.on.request(a)aserver.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On 2010-07-02 20:33:56 +0100, John Navas said:
>>
>>> On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 16:08:47 +0100, in
>>> <i0fmm0$suv$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, "David J Taylor"

>>> So then if I'd only had a dSLR with fast focusing and manual zoom I'd
>>> have gotten a better image: <http://i49.tinypic.com/s5v5mu.jpg>. OK.
>>
>> You've ruined it in post processing so it doesn't matter what you took it on.
>
> Are you so threatened?

The only possible (but extremely improbable) threat I feel is that you
actually took the photo. I like to think that the US Navy has dismissed
you from your duty of flying a Blue Angel to protect public safety,
your crew members, and its expensive aircraft.

A suitable P&S camera is appropriate to take the image that you posted
because: increased DOF, less mass to keep at bay during high G forces,
and easy to operate with one hand. The shot itself is trivial to take
on any camera if one is not also flying an aircraft in a formation
group.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Angels

--
Pete

From: John Navas on
On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 22:55:05 +0100, in
<2010070222550595717-availableonrequest(a)aserverinvalid>, Pete
<available.on.request(a)aserver.invalid> wrote:

>On 2010-07-02 22:09:35 +0100, John Navas said:
>
>> On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 20:54:03 +0100, in
>> <2010070220540397864-availableonrequest(a)aserverinvalid>, Pete
>> <available.on.request(a)aserver.invalid> wrote:

>>> You've ruined it in post processing so it doesn't matter what you took it on.
>>
>> Are you so threatened?
>
>The only possible (but extremely improbable) threat I feel is that you
>actually took the photo. I like to think that the US Navy has dismissed
>you from your duty of flying a Blue Angel to protect public safety,
>your crew members, and its expensive aircraft.
>
>A suitable P&S camera is appropriate to take the image that you posted
>because: increased DOF, less mass to keep at bay during high G forces,
>and easy to operate with one hand. The shot itself is trivial to take
>on any camera if one is not also flying an aircraft in a formation
>group.

My shot was taken from the ground.

I do pilot, but I'm only licensed for gliders. ;)

--
Best regards,
John

"Assumption is the mother of all screw ups."
[Wethern�s Law of Suspended Judgement]
From: Pete on
On 2010-07-02 23:58:47 +0100, John Navas said:

> On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 22:55:05 +0100, Pete wrote:

>>> Are you so threatened?
>>
>> The only possible (but extremely improbable) threat I feel is that you
>> actually took the photo. I like to think that the US Navy has dismissed
>> you from your duty of flying a Blue Angel to protect public safety,
>> your crew members, and its expensive aircraft.
>>
>> A suitable P&S camera is appropriate to take the image that you posted
>> because: increased DOF, less mass to keep at bay during high G forces,
>> and easy to operate with one hand. The shot itself is trivial to take
>> on any camera if one is not also flying an aircraft in a formation
>> group.
>
> My shot was taken from the ground.
>
> I do pilot, but I'm only licensed for gliders. ;)

So, all six planes were flying at almost zero altitude and you held
your camera above your head in the middle of the group. Well done in
avoiding the horizon. How long did it take for the bleeding to stop
from your ears? Has your hair grown back yet?

Ok, so your URL references either a shot taken by one of the pilots or
the Blue Angels flew around your glider. Nice shot, but it has been
ruined by processing: it looks like toy models posed on a blue
background then over-sharpened - not something that needs particularly
fast focusing.

--
Pete

From: tony cooper on
On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 15:58:47 -0700, John Navas <jncl1(a)navasgroup.com>
wrote:

>On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 22:55:05 +0100, in
><2010070222550595717-availableonrequest(a)aserverinvalid>, Pete
><available.on.request(a)aserver.invalid> wrote:
>
>>On 2010-07-02 22:09:35 +0100, John Navas said:
>>
>>> On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 20:54:03 +0100, in
>>> <2010070220540397864-availableonrequest(a)aserverinvalid>, Pete

>>> Are you so threatened?
>>
>>The only possible (but extremely improbable) threat I feel is that you
>>actually took the photo. I like to think that the US Navy has dismissed
>>you from your duty of flying a Blue Angel to protect public safety,
>>your crew members, and its expensive aircraft.
>>
>>A suitable P&S camera is appropriate to take the image that you posted
>>because: increased DOF, less mass to keep at bay during high G forces,
>>and easy to operate with one hand. The shot itself is trivial to take
>>on any camera if one is not also flying an aircraft in a formation
>>group.
>
>My shot was taken from the ground.
>
>I do pilot, but I'm only licensed for gliders. ;)

And, I suppose, in your hands a glider can do everything a twin-engine
airplane can do.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida