From: John Navas on
On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 16:08:47 +0100, in
<i0fmm0$suv$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, "David J Taylor"
<david-taylor(a)blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

>Yes, you obviously have different standards. I have owned and used the
>predecessor to your camera, so I have a good idea how it works in
>practice. I also have a compact Panasonic 28-280mm zoom which I use when
>appropriate. Having seen the limitations of both cameras - particularly
>speed of response - is why I now use a DSLR most of the time. Just two
>example: - zooming by twisting the ring on a DSLR lens is /far/ faster
>than having to press a lever one way and then the other, and the precision
>of framing is far greater on the DSLR with it continuous zoom range than
>with the stepped zoom of the Panasonic, and of course the DSLR has much
>less noisy images at the ISOs I wish to use (e.g. ISO 3200).

So then if I'd only had a dSLR with fast focusing and manual zoom I'd
have gotten a better image: <http://i49.tinypic.com/s5v5mu.jpg>. OK.

--
Best regards,
John

Buying a dSLR doesn't make you a photographer,
it makes you a dSLR owner.
"The single most important component of a camera
is the twelve inches behind it." -Ansel Adams
From: nospam on
In article <1kfs26hg0djofjq2jo3pg1sf76s240qrnb(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
<jncl1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

> >Yes, you obviously have different standards. I have owned and used the
> >predecessor to your camera, so I have a good idea how it works in
> >practice. I also have a compact Panasonic 28-280mm zoom which I use when
> >appropriate. Having seen the limitations of both cameras - particularly
> >speed of response - is why I now use a DSLR most of the time. Just two
> >example: - zooming by twisting the ring on a DSLR lens is /far/ faster
> >than having to press a lever one way and then the other, and the precision
> >of framing is far greater on the DSLR with it continuous zoom range than
> >with the stepped zoom of the Panasonic, and of course the DSLR has much
> >less noisy images at the ISOs I wish to use (e.g. ISO 3200).
>
> So then if I'd only had a dSLR with fast focusing and manual zoom I'd
> have gotten a better image: <http://i49.tinypic.com/s5v5mu.jpg>. OK.

ignoring the fact that a single photo proves absolutely nothing, i
can't help but notice that three of the planes are cut off, proving
that you aren't as skilled at zooming as you think you are.
From: Pete on
On 2010-07-02 20:33:56 +0100, John Navas said:

> On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 16:08:47 +0100, in
> <i0fmm0$suv$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, "David J Taylor"
> <david-taylor(a)blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Yes, you obviously have different standards. I have owned and used the
>> predecessor to your camera, so I have a good idea how it works in
>> practice. I also have a compact Panasonic 28-280mm zoom which I use when
>> appropriate. Having seen the limitations of both cameras - particularly
>> speed of response - is why I now use a DSLR most of the time. Just two
>> example: - zooming by twisting the ring on a DSLR lens is /far/ faster
>> than having to press a lever one way and then the other, and the precision
>> of framing is far greater on the DSLR with it continuous zoom range than
>> with the stepped zoom of the Panasonic, and of course the DSLR has much
>> less noisy images at the ISOs I wish to use (e.g. ISO 3200).
>
> So then if I'd only had a dSLR with fast focusing and manual zoom I'd
> have gotten a better image: <http://i49.tinypic.com/s5v5mu.jpg>. OK.

You've ruined it in post processing so it doesn't matter what you took it on.

--
Pete

From: Outing Trolls is FUN! on
On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 12:39:56 -0700, nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:

>In article <1kfs26hg0djofjq2jo3pg1sf76s240qrnb(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
><jncl1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>> >Yes, you obviously have different standards. I have owned and used the
>> >predecessor to your camera, so I have a good idea how it works in
>> >practice. I also have a compact Panasonic 28-280mm zoom which I use when
>> >appropriate. Having seen the limitations of both cameras - particularly
>> >speed of response - is why I now use a DSLR most of the time. Just two
>> >example: - zooming by twisting the ring on a DSLR lens is /far/ faster
>> >than having to press a lever one way and then the other, and the precision
>> >of framing is far greater on the DSLR with it continuous zoom range than
>> >with the stepped zoom of the Panasonic, and of course the DSLR has much
>> >less noisy images at the ISOs I wish to use (e.g. ISO 3200).
>>
>> So then if I'd only had a dSLR with fast focusing and manual zoom I'd
>> have gotten a better image: <http://i49.tinypic.com/s5v5mu.jpg>. OK.
>
>ignoring the fact that a single photo proves absolutely nothing, i
>can't help but notice that three of the planes are cut off, proving
>that you aren't as skilled at zooming as you think you are.

nospam, I can't help but notice that you don't know even ONE thing about
excellence in composition.

From: John Navas on
On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 20:54:03 +0100, in
<2010070220540397864-availableonrequest(a)aserverinvalid>, Pete
<available.on.request(a)aserver.invalid> wrote:

>On 2010-07-02 20:33:56 +0100, John Navas said:
>
>> On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 16:08:47 +0100, in
>> <i0fmm0$suv$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, "David J Taylor"
>> <david-taylor(a)blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, you obviously have different standards. I have owned and used the
>>> predecessor to your camera, so I have a good idea how it works in
>>> practice. I also have a compact Panasonic 28-280mm zoom which I use when
>>> appropriate. Having seen the limitations of both cameras - particularly
>>> speed of response - is why I now use a DSLR most of the time. Just two
>>> example: - zooming by twisting the ring on a DSLR lens is /far/ faster
>>> than having to press a lever one way and then the other, and the precision
>>> of framing is far greater on the DSLR with it continuous zoom range than
>>> with the stepped zoom of the Panasonic, and of course the DSLR has much
>>> less noisy images at the ISOs I wish to use (e.g. ISO 3200).
>>
>> So then if I'd only had a dSLR with fast focusing and manual zoom I'd
>> have gotten a better image: <http://i49.tinypic.com/s5v5mu.jpg>. OK.
>
>You've ruined it in post processing so it doesn't matter what you took it on.

Are you so threatened?

--
Best regards,
John

"I would like to take you seriously,
but to do so would affront your intelligence."
[William F. Buckley, Jr]