From: ray on
Totally untouched photo of a thistle (canadian thistle, I think) I shot
near Cauldron Linn on the Snake River a couple of days ago.

http://www.rcarter.net/region/thistle.jpg

From: Ofnuts on
On 02/07/2010 19:20, ray wrote:
> Totally untouched photo of a thistle (canadian thistle, I think) I shot
> near Cauldron Linn on the Snake River a couple of days ago.
>
> http://www.rcarter.net/region/thistle.jpg

The bee looks weird. Too much sharpening?

--
Bertrand
From: Paul Furman on
ray wrote:
> Totally untouched photo of a thistle (canadian thistle, I think) I shot
> near Cauldron Linn on the Snake River a couple of days ago.
>
> http://www.rcarter.net/region/thistle.jpg

Nice catch with the bee. Looks like our California species; Cirsium
occidentale - Cobwebby Thistle, because of the cobwebbing.
From: John Navas on
On 2 Jul 2010 17:20:58 GMT, in <896lfpF5mfU3(a)mid.individual.net>, ray
<ray(a)zianet.com> wrote:

>Totally untouched photo of a thistle (canadian thistle, I think) I shot
>near Cauldron Linn on the Snake River a couple of days ago.
>
>http://www.rcarter.net/region/thistle.jpg

Nice!

--
Best regards,
John

Buying a dSLR doesn't make you a photographer,
it makes you a dSLR owner.
"The single most important component of a camera
is the twelve inches behind it." -Ansel Adams
From: Allen on
Ofnuts wrote:
> On 02/07/2010 19:20, ray wrote:
>> Totally untouched photo of a thistle (canadian thistle, I think) I shot
>> near Cauldron Linn on the Snake River a couple of days ago.
>>
>> http://www.rcarter.net/region/thistle.jpg
>>

> The bee looks weird. Too much sharpening?

Just looks like a bee to me.
Allen