From: Ted Banks on
On 2 Jul 2010 17:20:58 GMT, ray <ray(a)zianet.com> wrote:

>Totally untouched photo of a thistle (canadian thistle, I think) I shot
>near Cauldron Linn on the Snake River a couple of days ago.
>
>http://www.rcarter.net/region/thistle.jpg

This isn't any sort of luck. This is about as basic as basic gets. Beginner
students should be able to capture images like this their first week with
their very first camera. Your example sorely needs cropping too. I'll leave
it to you to figure out the composition required of this subject. Even
remedial photographers would do this cropping and composition properly
in-camera.

From: Mike Russell on
On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 15:17:24 -0500, Ted Banks wrote:

> On 2 Jul 2010 17:20:58 GMT, ray <ray(a)zianet.com> wrote:
>
>>Totally untouched photo of a thistle (canadian thistle, I think) I shot
>>near Cauldron Linn on the Snake River a couple of days ago.
>>
>>http://www.rcarter.net/region/thistle.jpg
>
> This isn't any sort of luck. This is about as basic as basic gets. Beginner
> students should be able to capture images like this their first week with
> their very first camera. Your example sorely needs cropping too. I'll leave
> it to you to figure out the composition required of this subject. Even
> remedial photographers would do this cropping and composition properly
> in-camera.

Pouring scorn - did you notice yet that some of it spills into your
everyday life? Ew.
--
Mike Russell - http://www.curvemeister.com
From: Mike Russell on
On 2 Jul 2010 17:20:58 GMT, ray wrote:

> Totally untouched photo of a thistle (canadian thistle, I think) I shot
> near Cauldron Linn on the Snake River a couple of days ago.
>
> http://www.rcarter.net/region/thistle.jpg

Very nice image. I predict you'll find these lucky shots are happening more
and more often.

All the best,
--
Mike Russell - http://www.curvemeister.com
From: Robert Coe on
On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 19:31:18 +0200, Ofnuts <o.f.n.u.t.s(a)la.poste.net> wrote:
: On 02/07/2010 19:20, ray wrote:
: > Totally untouched photo of a thistle (canadian thistle, I think) I shot
: > near Cauldron Linn on the Snake River a couple of days ago.
: >
: > http://www.rcarter.net/region/thistle.jpg
: >
:
: The bee looks weird. Too much sharpening?

Aren't there two bees?

Bob
From: Robert Coe on
On Sat, 3 Jul 2010 09:09:52 -0700, Mike Russell
<groupsRE(a)MOVEcurvemeister.com> wrote:
: On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 15:17:24 -0500, Ted Banks wrote:
:
: > On 2 Jul 2010 17:20:58 GMT, ray <ray(a)zianet.com> wrote:
: >
: >>Totally untouched photo of a thistle (canadian thistle, I think) I shot
: >>near Cauldron Linn on the Snake River a couple of days ago.
: >>
: >>http://www.rcarter.net/region/thistle.jpg
: >
: > This isn't any sort of luck. This is about as basic as basic gets. Beginner
: > students should be able to capture images like this their first week with
: > their very first camera. Your example sorely needs cropping too. I'll leave
: > it to you to figure out the composition required of this subject. Even
: > remedial photographers would do this cropping and composition properly
: > in-camera.
:
: Pouring scorn - did you notice yet that some of it spills into your
: everyday life? Ew.

Do you not get it? He doesn't have an everyday life.

Bob