From: Bruce on
On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 19:47:34 -0500, Rich <none(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
>"Neil Harrington" <nobody(a)homehere.net> wrote in
>

>> "Rich" <none(a)nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>> Brought out a small camera with a slightly smaller than 4/3rds
>>> sensor, with
>>> 8 megapixels instead of 12-15, would you buy one? I've asked a few
>>> people about this, and they said they'd like it if the pixel count
>>> were reduced to
>>> alleviate noise. But I presume Nikon like the rest of them are
>>> hostage to the same pixels-are-everything mentality that infects the
>>> general population.
>>
>> I'd be interested in anything Nikon did in that direction. Can't say
>> if I'd buy one without having more details. Interchangeable lenses?
>> Adapter for existing DX lenses? EVF, I assume, but what resolution?
>
>8 megapixels. The idea being not to end up with 4um pixels.

Make it 10 MP. The less than 10% linear increase in pixel density
would not kill the camera with excessive noise but would be a very
good aid to marketing.

From: Bowser on
On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 19:59:00 -0500, Rich <none(a)nowhere.com> wrote:

>Brought out a small camera with a slightly smaller than 4/3rds sensor, with
>8 megapixels instead of 12-15, would you buy one? I've asked a few people
>about this, and they said they'd like it if the pixel count were reduced to
>alleviate noise. But I presume Nikon like the rest of them are hostage to
>the same pixels-are-everything mentality that infects the general
>population.

Nikon, no. Good optics, but nothing else measures up for their P&S
models. Painfully slow AF, mediocre image quality, no reason to expect
they'd do this right.
From: Neil Harrington on

> "Neil Harrington" <nobody(a)homehere.net> wrote in
>

>> "Rich" <none(a)nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>> Brought out a small camera with a slightly smaller than 4/3rds
>>> sensor, with
>>> 8 megapixels instead of 12-15, would you buy one? I've asked a few
>>> people about this, and they said they'd like it if the pixel count
>>> were reduced to
>>> alleviate noise. But I presume Nikon like the rest of them are
>>> hostage to the same pixels-are-everything mentality that infects the
>>> general population.
>>
>> I'd be interested in anything Nikon did in that direction. Can't say
>> if I'd buy one without having more details. Interchangeable lenses?
>> Adapter for existing DX lenses? EVF, I assume, but what resolution?
>>

> 8 megapixels. The idea being not to end up with 4um pixels.

No, I meant what resolution in the EVF, assuming it would be an EVF.

From: Rich on
On Jun 18, 10:06 am, "Neil Harrington" <nob...(a)homehere.net> wrote:
> "Rich" <n...(a)nowhere.com> wrote in message

> > "Neil Harrington" <nob...(a)homehere.net> wrote in
>
> >> "Rich" <n...(a)nowhere.com> wrote in message
>
> >> I'd be interested in anything Nikon did in that direction. Can't say
> >> if I'd buy one without having more details. Interchangeable lenses?
> >> Adapter for existing DX lenses? EVF, I assume, but what resolution?
>
> > 8 megapixels.  The idea being not to end up with 4um pixels.
>
> No, I meant what resolution in the EVF, assuming it would be an EVF.

Same as current Panasonic and Olympus products. I don't think there
is anything higher right now.
From: Robert Coe on
On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 19:59:00 -0500, Rich <none(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
: Brought out a small camera with a slightly smaller than 4/3rds sensor, with
: 8 megapixels instead of 12-15, would you buy one? ...

No.

Bob
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2