From: gumby on
On 10/05/2010 9:12 AM, eNo wrote:
>Even if you do this in the RAW format, the ISO 100 photo
> will have better image quality, especially in the highlights.
>
> ~~~
> eNo
> http://esfotoclix.com

Don't you mean the ISO 200 photo will have better IQ? You said the ISO
100 photo has been processed in the camera which would result in less
dynamic range than the base ISO 200 that most DSLRs use. At least that
is what I thought you were saying.
From: gumby on
On 12/05/2010 10:24 AM, John McWilliams wrote:

> Think a curve. If lower ISO is always 'better', why not ISO 50, 25, 10,
> 0, -100, -10,000 (the latter used for atomic blasts)?? No need for ND
> filter, huh!?

Because those numbers are too low for most people to use and get a blur
free shot. I've used film that was ISO 25 though.