From: BURT on
On Oct 30, 9:59 pm, BradGuth <bradg...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 30, 5:08 pm, "Nightcrawler" <Dirtyde...(a)dirtcheap.net> wrote:
>
> > "BradGuth" <bradg...(a)gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:2cf120ed-57fb-4b43-8a47-bfd375d480cf(a)x5g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
> > > Your objective proof that that our Selene/moon crust is 100% solid, as
> > > is everything inside of that?
>
> > > Before you bother, your obfuscation is noted.
>
> > Obfuscation?  We were talking about the Earth, not the moon.
>
> > Care to try again?
>
> Under the relatively thin crust of Earth, who knows what goes on?
>
> How much thorium, uranium, radium and so on is in there?
>
> How much of Earth's core is hydrogen and helium?
>
> According to Russian deep drilling, at 10+ km it's not of higher
> density as they go deeper.  What gives?
>
>  ~ BG

How do we know for certain the chemical make up of the Earths
interior?
Taking into account that there is a large window for the gravitational
constant.

Mitch Raemsch
From: BradGuth on
On Oct 30, 9:58 pm, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Oct 30, 9:59 pm, BradGuth <bradg...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Obfuscation?  We were talking about the Earth, not the moon.
>
> > > Care to try again?
>
> > Under the relatively thin crust of Earth, who knows what goes on?
>
> > How much thorium, uranium, radium and so on is in there?
>
> > How much of Earth's core is hydrogen and helium?
>
> > According to Russian deep drilling, at 10+ km it's not of higher
> > density as they go deeper.  What gives?
>
> >  ~ BG
>
> How do we know for certain the chemical make up of the Earths
> interior?

Good point. At least thus far, we know zilch of what's inside.

> Taking into account that there is a large window for the gravitational
> constant.
>
> Mitch Raemsch

Everything is at risk of being revised, though some more so than
others.

~ BG

From: Peter Webb on

"BURT" <macromitch(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
On Oct 30, 9:59 pm, BradGuth <bradg...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 30, 5:08 pm, "Nightcrawler" <Dirtyde...(a)dirtcheap.net> wrote:
>
> > "BradGuth" <bradg...(a)gmail.com> wrote in
> > messagenews:2cf120ed-57fb-4b43-8a47-bfd375d480cf(a)x5g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
> > > Your objective proof that that our Selene/moon crust is 100% solid, as
> > > is everything inside of that?
>
> > > Before you bother, your obfuscation is noted.
>
> > Obfuscation? We were talking about the Earth, not the moon.
>
> > Care to try again?
>
> Under the relatively thin crust of Earth, who knows what goes on?
>
> How much thorium, uranium, radium and so on is in there?
>
> How much of Earth's core is hydrogen and helium?
>
> According to Russian deep drilling, at 10+ km it's not of higher
> density as they go deeper. What gives?
>
> ~ BG

How do we know for certain the chemical make up of the Earths
interior?
Taking into account that there is a large window for the gravitational
constant.

________________________________
There are several ways. We know the earth's average density. We know what
happens to shock waves moving through the earth, for both compressional and
shear waves, so we can reverse engineer this signals (much as what happens
in CAT scanning) to determine the nature of the propogating material. We
have geophysical evidence derived from movements of the earth's magnetic
field. We also have a lot of physics which provides us with reasonably good
estimates of pressure and temperature as a function of depth.

HTH

Mitch Raemsch

From: Nightcrawler on

"BradGuth" <bradguth(a)gmail.com> wrote in message news:1773a97c-d205-4dfb-a8dd-d8cae7aa2ee9(a)f18g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

> Under the relatively thin crust of Earth, who knows what goes on?
>
> How much thorium, uranium, radium and so on is in there?
>
> How much of Earth's core is hydrogen and helium?
>
> According to Russian deep drilling, at 10+ km it's not of higher
> density as they go deeper. What gives?
>
> ~ BG

Some of these questions may be answered, some not.

Here's some primer:

http://publications.iodp.org/scientific_prospectus/304_305/index.html

off of the main page of:

http://www.iodp.org/scientific-publications/

From: BradGuth on
On Oct 30, 10:15 pm, "Peter Webb"
<webbfam...(a)DIESPAMDIEoptusnet.com.au> wrote:
> "BURT" <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Oct 30, 9:59 pm, BradGuth <bradg...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Oct 30, 5:08 pm, "Nightcrawler" <Dirtyde...(a)dirtcheap.net> wrote:
>
> > > "BradGuth" <bradg...(a)gmail.com> wrote in
> > > messagenews:2cf120ed-57fb-4b43-8a47-bfd375d480cf(a)x5g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

> > > Obfuscation? We were talking about the Earth, not the moon.
>
> > > Care to try again?
>
> > Under the relatively thin crust of Earth, who knows what goes on?
>
> > How much thorium, uranium, radium and so on is in there?
>
> > How much of Earth's core is hydrogen and helium?
>
> > According to Russian deep drilling, at 10+ km it's not of higher
> > density as they go deeper. What gives?
>
> > ~ BG
>
> How do we know for certain the chemical make up of the Earths
> interior?
> Taking into account that there is a large window for the gravitational
> constant.
>
> ________________________________
> There are several ways. We know the earth's average density. We know what
> happens to shock waves moving through the earth, for both compressional and
> shear waves, so we can reverse engineer this signals (much as what happens
> in CAT scanning) to determine the nature of the propogating material. We
> have geophysical evidence derived from movements of the earth's magnetic
> field. We also have a lot of physics which provides us with reasonably good
> estimates of pressure and temperature as a function of depth.
>
> HTH
>
> Mitch Raemsch

Deeper drillings and/or small probes sent past the lower crust will
begin to tell us how close our previous physics and science analogy
has been.

~ BG