From: Androcles on

"Henry Wilson DSc ." <HW@..> wrote in message
> On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 13:59:43 GMT, Sam Wormley <swormley1(a)mchsi.com> wrote:
>
>>Henry Wilson DSc wrote:
>>

>>> What are the required conditions for spinning matter to condense into a
>>> HOLLOW
>>> ball rather than a solid one?
>>>

>> Perhaps you could tell us how you think neutron starts come
>> to exist in the first place, Henry!
>
> Gravity.
>
> It condensed lots of matter into a spinning ball...then a bloody big
> explosion
> in the middle blew out an enormous spherical cavity. It wasn't enough to
> blow
> the star completely apart though.

Then the inside is padded and called a cell, the ideal habitat for a Wilson.

From: Alan Morgan on
In article <6ph6f55f1irodr6qi2qgvtll6ndoarinll(a)4ax.com>,
Henry Wilson DSc <H@..> wrote:

[Where do neutron stars come from?]
>The thing first condensed into a ball. Then, under intense gravitational
>pressure, the conditions in the cente became such that a mini nuclear fusion
>explosion occured, expanding and fusing the outside shell into a very strong
>structure. So it became a hollow ball, still attracting more external matter.

The surface of this "hollow ball" will be subjected to a gravitational force
of, conservatively, a billion g's. It's going to take more than "a very
strong structure" to withstand that - it's going to take magic.

Alan
--
Defendit numerus
From: Nightcrawler on

"Henry Wilson DSc." <HW@..> wrote in message news:6ph6f55f1irodr6qi2qgvtll6ndoarinll(a)4ax.com...

> Wormey, as usual you are confused. This is what I am suggesting could happen.
>
> The thing first condensed into a ball. Then, under intense gravitational
> pressure, the conditions in the cente became such that a mini nuclear fusion
> explosion occured, expanding and fusing the outside shell into a very strong
> structure. So it became a hollow ball, still attracting more external matter.
>
> There are plenty of stable hollow balls around Wormey. Have a look in any
> shop..

You sure as hell don't have a clue about scale, do you? Ever wonder why
a Godzilla couldn't walk, let alone breath?

From: Nightcrawler on

"Sam Wormley" <swormley1(a)mchsi.com> wrote in message news:c9JIm.122779$la3.64726(a)attbi_s22...

> Here's the scoop, Wilson... gas (mostly hydrogen) does collapse to form stars
> and fused hydrogen into helium while on the main sequence. Massive enough
> stars can have other fusion process than can result in some iron core*
> implosions. The iron core can never undergo a fission or fusion reaction.
>
> *for main sequence stars that have at least ten solar masses.
>
> Fusion of the iron core just can't happen! It's a dead end.
>
> Gravitation is so strong that the cores collapse forming
> o white dwarf held up against further collapse by electron degeneracy pressure,
> o neutron stars held up against further collapse by neutron degeneracy pressure,
> o or not held up at all and collapse within the core's Schwarzschild radius.
>
> In any of these cases, gravity is a big winner and leaves no place for a void.
>
> I can go into a lot more detail if you like.

That still doesn't explain the empty region between Wilson's and Guthball's
ears.

From: Nightcrawler on

"Sam Wormley" <swormley1(a)mchsi.com> wrote in message news:gUJIm.122819$la3.23060(a)attbi_s22...

> That's just backed-up farts!

Are you trying to state that they indirectly talk out of their asses?