From: BradGuth on
On Oct 29, 7:10 pm, _@Jeff_Relf.Seattle.inValid wrote:
> Brad·Guth's “hollow earth” theory is insane. Pressure accrues.
> Imagine the pressure you'd feel at the bottom of the Mariana Trench.
>
> The center of earth is like that but, instead of water,
> you have zetta·tons of blazing·hot steel pressing down on you.

It's just a theory, although hollow is relative.

How about a reduced pressure and/or lower density interior?

~ BG
From: Nightcrawler on

"BradGuth" <bradguth(a)gmail.com> wrote in message news:441e8ea2-89e4-4b3d-8091-50f193628723(a)j9g2000prh.googlegroups.com...
> On Oct 29, 7:10 pm, _@Jeff_Relf.Seattle.inValid wrote:
>> Brad�Guth's �hollow earth� theory is insane. Pressure accrues.
>> Imagine the pressure you'd feel at the bottom of the Mariana Trench.
>>
>> The center of earth is like that but, instead of water,
>> you have zetta�tons of blazing�hot steel pressing down on you.
>
> It's just a theory, although hollow is relative.

Hollow is defined, not relative.

> How about a reduced pressure and/or lower density interior?

The pressure at the center is created through compression, not
gravitational attraction AT THE CORE, rather the matter trying to get
TO/THRU the core via the resultant vector created by ALL of the matter
of the earth, not just at the core.

However, do to this compression the matter at the core will have a
higher specific density, thus a bit more gravity than the same material
would have without a large mass trying to press through equally from
all sides.

From: BradGuth on
On Oct 30, 9:07 am, "Nightcrawler" <Dirtyde...(a)dirtcheap.net> wrote:
> "BradGuth" <bradg...(a)gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:441e8ea2-89e4-4b3d-8091-50f193628723(a)j9g2000prh.googlegroups.com...
> > On Oct 29, 7:10 pm, _@Jeff_Relf.Seattle.inValid wrote:
> >> Brad·Guth's “hollow earth” theory is insane. Pressure accrues.
> >> Imagine the pressure you'd feel at the bottom of the Mariana Trench.
>
> >> The center of earth is like that but, instead of water,
> >> you have zetta·tons of blazing·hot steel pressing down on you.
>
> > It's just a theory, although hollow is relative.
>
> Hollow is defined, not relative.
>
> > How about a reduced pressure and/or lower density interior?
>
> The pressure at the center is created through compression, not
> gravitational attraction AT THE CORE, rather the matter trying to get
> TO/THRU the core via the resultant vector created by ALL of the matter
> of the earth, not just at the core.
>
> However, do to this compression the matter at the core will have a
> higher specific density, thus a bit more gravity than the same material
> would have without a large mass trying to press through equally from
> all sides.

That’s really odd, because in deep underground caves or mine shafts,
other than the expected atmospheric pressure increase that’s obvious
and somewhat minor (<42% increase per 3.5 km depth unless you plan on
artificially cooling that column of air in order to get a 100%
increase per 3.5 km), there’s hardly any other significant geology
pressures for our physiology to contend with, including while swimming
or scuba diving in those deep underground lakes or aquifers, and
there’s certainly not any big increase in gravity (if anything it only
measurably increases ever so slightly), and there’s certainly no
objective way of telling if the inner core is merely that of a dense
shell that’s hollow inside, or not.
http://nopr.niscair.res.in/bitstream/123456789/2506/1/IJRSP%2037(1)%2064-67.pdf

Just because the pressure within the surrounding crust/bedrock is
increasing by roughly something less than 300 bar/km doesn’t mean
squat, especially when the deepest Russian well started getting into
lower pressures and/or somewhat less rock density at depths below 10
km, and at that kind of shaft depth there’s only a relatively slight
atmospheric pressure increase.

A true geode pocket that’s mineral/glass sealed and situated deep (say
at 10 km) might even conceivably offer less internal atmospheric
pressure than its surroundings until it’s broken into.

A geode formulated layer or pocket with any sort of fluid(s) inside is
also technically hollow, because that fluid or even whatever less
density substance(s) (such as sodium) can be easily removed and/or
displaced by hydrogen, helium, methane or some other gasses. An
interior cavity of crystals can even be easily dissolved or simply
fragmented and removed or reutilized as is. On the backside or
farside of our Selene/moon, under that extremely thick and robust
basalt crust that’s also rather unusually mineral saturated, mascon
populated and otherwise very paramagnetic, as such could be offering
quite a large volume of a hollow interior to work with. Being
situated 100 km underground might seem downright testy, but on the
moon it’s actually kind of nifty to ponder.

“The 1~10% hollow moon / Brad Guth”
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.astronomy/browse_frm/thread/b88503c97a50160d?hl=en#

~ Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth BG / “Guth Usenet”
From: Double-A on
On Oct 30, 12:30 pm, BradGuth <bradg...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 30, 9:07 am, "Nightcrawler" <Dirtyde...(a)dirtcheap.net> wrote:

> > > It's just a theory, although hollow is relative.
>
> > Hollow is defined, not relative.
>
> > > How about a reduced pressure and/or lower density interior?
>
> > The pressure at the center is created through compression, not
> > gravitational attraction AT THE CORE, rather the matter trying to get
> > TO/THRU the core via the resultant vector created by ALL of the matter
> > of the earth, not just at the core.
>
> > However, do to this compression the matter at the core will have a
> > higher specific density, thus a bit more gravity than the same material
> > would have without a large mass trying to press through equally from
> > all sides.
>
> That’s really odd, because in deep underground caves or mine shafts,
> other than the expected atmospheric pressure increase that’s obvious
> and somewhat minor (<42% increase per 3.5 km depth unless you plan on
> artificially cooling that column of air in order to get a 100%
> increase per 3.5 km), there’s hardly any other significant geology
> pressures for our physiology to contend with, including while swimming
> or scuba diving in those deep underground lakes or aquifers, and
> there’s certainly not any big increase in gravity (if anything it only
> measurably increases ever so slightly), and there’s certainly no
> objective way of telling if the inner core is merely that of a dense
> shell that’s hollow inside, or not.
>  http://nopr.niscair.res.in/bitstream/123456789/2506/1/IJRSP%2037(1)%2....

The fact that gravity increases measurably in deep caves/mines tells
you that the interior of the Earth is denser than the rock above you.
Otherwise gravity would have already begun to decrease.

Double-A

From: Nightcrawler on

"BradGuth" <bradguth(a)gmail.com> wrote in message news:27da353b-147c-4ed3-bfda-3ed5cb612cf1(a)i12g2000prg.googlegroups.com...

> That�s really odd, because in deep underground caves or mine shafts,
> other than the expected atmospheric pressure increase that�s obvious
> and somewhat minor (<42% increase per 3.5 km depth unless you plan on
> artificially cooling that column of air in order to get a 100%
> increase per 3.5 km), there�s hardly any other significant geology
> pressures for our physiology to contend with, including while swimming
> or scuba diving in those deep underground lakes or aquifers, and
> there�s certainly not any big increase in gravity (if anything it only
> measurably increases ever so slightly), and there�s certainly no
> objective way of telling if the inner core is merely that of a dense
> shell that�s hollow inside, or not.

<irrelevant snipped>

1)

Non related items, Guthie. Caves and mine shafts are cavities in
the crust. The only pressure that would be evident there would be
atmospheric. The pressure inside the Channel tube is relatively
the same as that on the surface, as well as that inside of a sub at
great depth. The pressure on the walls of the caves/mine shafts,
or sub, is much greater. Since they are solids that pressure is
contained by the structure of their substance and does not flow as
with a liquid.

However, if the pressure is great enough the structure of either will
fail. A cave will collapse and a sub will implode. Increase the
pressure sufficiently and the friction will cause any solid to lose the
molecular bonds that make it a solid.

2)

A gas does not behave like a liquid or a solid. Nor does a liquid
behave like a solid.

3)

What happens to a can of air that is immersed to a depth of 3.5km
in water? Now, drill a hole that deep in ice. Place the can down there
and slowly fill with water, letting the water freeze 1mm at a time. What
then happens to that can?