From: jonnycinco on

Trying to import a spreadsheet to Project '07. I have the "Bible" and
am following it to a "T." I have utilized the "Project Task List
Template" in excel and saved it as a 97-03 workbook (which I think is
rediculous that MSP07 does not recognize .xlsx.../rant).

Anyways, the wizard comes up, and I have adjusted the security. The
"example" in the wizard looks right, but when I click finish, I get an
empty project list...??

Thoughts?

--
jonnycinco
jonnycinco's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/154483.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: jonnycinco on

figured that out. Apparently, I can not use the "ID" column.

Second follow-up question: how can I delineate indents? Since I cannot
use the ID column and I am trying to place multiple jobs on one project
sheet, I need to indent every project (construction industry).

From: JulieS on
Hello jonnycinco,

You may have more control by exporting the "outline level" field to
show the relative indent levels of the tasks. Once you've exported
to Excel, use autofiltering to filter to each outline level and
format. You may also wish to add the "project" field to the export
to help delineate each inserted project.

I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project