From: Puppa Romeo Puppa on
I'm using the 2003 version of Project. I have a number of linked tasks by
finish to start, but some of the tasks are not showing the correct
start/finish dates. For example a task whose predecessor ends 08/09/09 should
begin 08/09/09 but is starting 15/10/09. The constraints are all set to "as
soon as possible". I've tried manually amending the date but with no success.
Any ideas?
From: Jan De Messemaeker on
Hi,

You definitely mean "unexpected start dates" and not "incorrect" - Project
doesn't make that many erors :-)

Is your resource leveling set to automatic?
Isn't there another predecessor?
Isn't there a constraint on the summary ask?
Doesn't a resoruce assigned to the tas, have nonworkingtime during the
"idle" period?
Doesn't the task have a task calendar with nonworking time?

Hope this helps,

--
Jan De Messemaeker
Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional

From: "Steve House" sjhouse at hotmail dot on
Manually entering a start date resets the constraint to Start No Earlier
Than the date entered. Go to the Task Information, Advanced tab and set the
constraint back to ASAP if it is something different. Then go to
Tools/Options/Calculation and make sure recalculation is set to automatic.

From: Atif Hassan Siddiqui on
Just double-check resource-leveling is set to manaul. In your case,
resource-leveling might seem to be set on automatic.
From: Puppa Romeo on
Hi all,

Firstly, sorry for the delayed response and secondly thanks for your
suggestions. The constraints were already set to ASAP and recalculation is
set to automatic. There are no lags on the linked tasks and the only
non-working days are weekends, which doesn't account for a month delay of the
start date. There are no resources currently in the plan therefore automatic
resource levelling isn't the problem. I don't think any of these are what is
causing the problem, but thanks again for trying to help.