From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty on
In alt.privacy.spyware, Buffalo wrote:

> Disable or uninstall your present anti-virus program (A-squared)

A� (A-Squared) is an anti-spyware program, not an anti-virus program.
There should be no conflict with anything, assuming of course you don't
set full-time scanners in action.

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/ (pay)
http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/ (free)

--
-bts
From: Buffalo on

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> In alt.privacy.spyware, Buffalo wrote:
>
>> Disable or uninstall your present anti-virus program (A-squared)
>
> A� (A-Squared) is an anti-spyware program, not an anti-virus program.
> There should be no conflict with anything, assuming of course you
> don't set full-time scanners in action.
>
> http://www.emsisoft.com/en/ (pay)
> http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/ (free)

Right you are. Sorry.
I now realize that Robin uses Kaspersky.
Ok, Robin, disable or uninstall Kaspersky and use the free version of Avira
AntiVir temporarily.\
Since even Lipman can't nail it, please post back on what program is causing
the message.
Thanks,
Buffalo

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Buffalo" <Eric(a)nada.com.invalid>

| Right you are. Sorry.
| I now realize that Robin uses Kaspersky.
| Ok, Robin, disable or uninstall Kaspersky and use the free version of Avira
| AntiVir temporarily.\
| Since even Lipman can't nail it, please post back on what program is causing
| the message.
| Thanks,
| Buffalo

Robin has already indicated NUMEROUS anti malware scans have been performewd with nothing
being found.

We do NOT know what security program is generating this message. That is the problem.

--
Dave

From: Buffalo on

David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "Buffalo" <Eric(a)nada.com.invalid>
>
>> Right you are. Sorry.
>> I now realize that Robin uses Kaspersky.
>> Ok, Robin, disable or uninstall Kaspersky and use the free version
>> of Avira AntiVir temporarily.\
>> Since even Lipman can't nail it, please post back on what program is
>> causing the message.
>> Thanks,
>> Buffalo
>
> Robin has already indicated NUMEROUS anti malware scans have been
> performewd with nothing being found.
>
> We do NOT know what security program is generating this message.
> That is the problem.

That is why I recommended that he disable or uninstall his anti-virus and
anti-malware programs and install Avira AntiVir and free MBAM and hopefully
the free SAS. ( I don't think he ever said that he tried them both)
If the above doesn't change things, then that would indicate a different
security program causing the problem.
Buffalo

From: Robin Bignall on
On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 21:59:57 -0700, "Buffalo" <Eric(a)nada.com.invalid>
wrote:

>David H. Lipman wrote:
>> From: "Buffalo" <Eric(a)nada.com.invalid>
>>
>>> Right you are. Sorry.
>>> I now realize that Robin uses Kaspersky.
>>> Ok, Robin, disable or uninstall Kaspersky and use the free version
>>> of Avira AntiVir temporarily.\
>>> Since even Lipman can't nail it, please post back on what program is
>>> causing the message.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Buffalo
>>
>> Robin has already indicated NUMEROUS anti malware scans have been
>> performewd with nothing being found.
>>
>> We do NOT know what security program is generating this message.
>> That is the problem.
>
>That is why I recommended that he disable or uninstall his anti-virus and
>anti-malware programs and install Avira AntiVir and free MBAM and hopefully
>the free SAS. ( I don't think he ever said that he tried them both)
>If the above doesn't change things, then that would indicate a different
>security program causing the problem.
>Buffalo

Just to save you reading back in the thread, I have SAS Pro, which is
not free, and MBAM, which is. I also run ActiveScan 2, which was
recommended, together with Kaspersky, by AumHa. I don't intend to
through the process of uninstalling Kaspersky.
--
Robin
(BrE)