From: Uyyy on
Hello.
I have a big problem. My hp server with win 2003 standard 32bits was broken
(hardware problem) and now when system boots i can not start a session on
console. It shows pres ctrl+alt+supr . At that moment i put my user name and
password but again shows press ctrl+alt+supr. Windows was running with raid
1.

Any one knows what happen and how i can solve this ?

Thanks.

From: jcy on
did you try safe mode

From: Uyyy on
Yes, and it doesn't works

"jcy" <painkillr(a)com.gmail> escribi� en el mensaje de
noticias:OHE$9#OGLHA.5700(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

From: John John - MVP on
Sounds like the boot volume letter was changed or that the Userinit file
or its reference in the registry was changed or deleted.

Unable to log on if the boot partition drive letter has changed
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/249321/

John

From: Uyyyy on
I have used that information and now i can access to console and start
session. But i have a doubt.
I do following process:
I have changed this:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version
\Winlogon\Userinit:Reg_SZ:C:\WINNT\system32\userinit.exe
for this:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version
\Winlogon\Userinit:Reg_SZ:userinit.exe

Then

Make a full system backup of the computer and system state.
Log on as an Administrator.
Start Regedt32.exe.
Go to the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices
Click MountedDevices.
On the Security menu, click Permissions.
Verify that Administrators have full control. Change this back when
you are finished with these steps.
Quit Regedt32.exe, and then start Regedit.exe.
Locate the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices
Find the drive letter you want to change to (new). Look for
"\DosDevices\C:".
Right-click \DosDevices\C:, and then click Rename.

Note You must use Regedit instead of Regedt32 to rename this registry
key.
Rename it to an unused drive letter "\DosDevices\Z:".

This frees up drive letter C.
Find the drive letter you want changed. Look for "\DosDevices\D:".
Right-click \DosDevices\H:, and then click Rename.
Rename it to the appropriate (new) drive letter "\DosDevices\C:".
Click the value for \DosDevices\Z:, click Rename, and then name it
back to "\DosDevices\H:".
Quit Regedit, and then start Regedt32.
Change the permissions back to the previous setting for Administrators
(this should probably be Read Only).
Restart the computer

As i said now i can start a session, but it's very slow and i don't
know if i must to change again the registry key to original state:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version
\Winlogon\Userinit:Reg_SZ:C:\WINNT\system32\userinit.exe

And i do all process without second hard disk cloned, but array is
active and it boots, What is right steps ?

Thanks