From: RnR on
Just wondering any thoughts on the 1564 I3 2.13GHz with win 7 home
premium and 4gigs ram?
From: Justin on
In article <c17l369dr1e4ti2cipbo5iat1a0d71m4hd(a)4ax.com>, RnR(a)void.com
wrote:

> Just wondering any thoughts on the 1564 I3 2.13GHz with win 7 home
> premium and 4gigs ram?

A great philosopher once told me not to get a product I'm unfamiliar
with off eBay.

However, I suggest getting an equivalent Latitude series. In my opinion
the Latitudes have a better reputation for reliability.
If you can, get Windows 7 Pro - Windows Home is basically Windows
Professional with all the useful stuff taken out.
From: Mark Opolo on

"Justin" <justin(a)nobecauseihatespam.org> wrote in message
> In article <c17l369dr1e4ti2cipbo5iat1a0d71m4hd(a)4ax.com>, RnR(a)void.com
> wrote:
>
>> Just wondering any thoughts on the 1564 I3 2.13GHz with win 7 home
>> premium and 4gigs ram?
>
> A great philosopher once told me not to get a product I'm unfamiliar
> with off eBay.

especially Bluetooth parts

From: Aussie Camper on
On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 12:25:26 -0500, RnR <rnrtexas(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>In article <i1gq9d$q1f$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
>ben_myers(a)charter.net says...
>>
>> On 7/12/2010 2:25 AM, Justin wrote:
>> > In article<c17l369dr1e4ti2cipbo5iat1a0d71m4hd(a)4ax.com>, RnR(a)void.com
>> > wrote:
>> >
>One of my biggest gripes too was having to give up some of my
>favorite software like forte agent which while they say works in win 7
>if you read the fine print, they don't support it in 64bit and I found
>out why. It's one of those software that's not truly 64bit. Oh well
>such is the learning curve .....

What are you now using instead of Forte agent?

Aussie Camper
From: RnR on
Aussie Camper <brucelaws(a)nospam.com.au> wrote in

> On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 12:25:26 -0500, RnR <rnrtexas(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>In article <i1gq9d$q1f$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
>>ben_myers(a)charter.net says...

>>One of my biggest gripes too was having to give up some of my
>>favorite software like forte agent which while they say works in win 7
>>if you read the fine print, they don't support it in 64bit and I found
>>out why. It's one of those software that's not truly 64bit. Oh well
>>such is the learning curve .....
>
> What are you now using instead of Forte agent?
>
> Aussie Camper

Currently bouncing between Xnews and MicroPlanet Gravity. If I find another
newsreader, I might give that a try too. My first priority is that it
works well in win 7 64bit. I'm not concerned about binaries.

The other thought I'm bouncing around in my head, is if I want to go back
to Forte Agent is to try a virtual environment or go to a dual boot system.
I feel like a fish outa water because I'm not a power user in win 7 64bit.
I hate that feeling.