From: BillW50 on
In news:hvuelj$i7c$1(a)news.eternal-september.org,
Pat Conover typed on Wed, 23 Jun 2010 22:08:03 -0400:
> P.S. You folks responded faster than Dell! But, I must say that the
> warranty return was the easiest tech support conversation I ever had.
> What's the problem? Laptop fell off the desk and broke on the floor.
> The hinge and back of screen is broken. Checks warranty and sends a
> FedEx box with RMA to return for repair. Good job Dell. Pat

Well we are usually fast anyway. ;-)

--
Bill
Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Windows XP SP3

From: Ben Myers on
On 6/23/2010 9:34 PM, Pat Conover wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I need to return my nephews Inspiron 1525 for repair after he dropped it
> pretty badly. The back hinge and screen surround are broken. Surprisingly
> it still ran and he used it that way for over a year (didn't want to tell
> dad) until today, when a screw fell out and the lid won't stay open. Three
> year Complete Care was worth it!
>
> Anyway Dell tech says I don't need to remove anything from the laptop. I
> always thought you were supposed to remove the HD and battery. Yes or No?
> Anything else before I ship it back for repair. Thanks, Pat

Remove hard drive and battery, no matter what Dell minions tell you...
Ben Myers
From: Tony Harding on
On 06/23/10 22:08, Pat Conover wrote:
> "BillW50"<BillW50(a)aol.kom> wrote in message
>> In news:hvucms$c09$1(a)news.eternal-september.org,
>> Pat Conover typed on Wed, 23 Jun 2010 21:34:36 -0400:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I need to return my nephews Inspiron 1525 for repair after he dropped
>>> it pretty badly. The back hinge and screen surround are broken.
>>> Surprisingly it still ran and he used it that way for over a year
>>> (didn't want to tell dad) until today, when a screw fell out and the
>>> lid won't stay open. Three year Complete Care was worth it!
>>>
>>> Anyway Dell tech says I don't need to remove anything from the
>>> laptop. I always thought you were supposed to remove the HD and
>>> battery. Yes or No? Anything else before I ship it back for repair.
>>> Thanks, Pat
>>
>> I would Pat! No telling what happens once you ship it out. At least you
>> have to battery and hard drive. Even if it isn't Dell's fault, at least
>> you (okay your nephew) have them.
>>
>> --
>> Bill
>> Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Windows XP SP3
>
> P.S. You folks responded faster than Dell! But, I must say that the
> warranty return was the easiest tech support conversation I ever had.
> What's the problem? Laptop fell off the desk and broke on the floor. The
> hinge and back of screen is broken. Checks warranty and sends a FedEx box
> with RMA to return for repair. Good job Dell. Pat

Wow, a good Dell story!!

You must be one o'them Dellbots I heard about.

:)