From: Pat Conover on
Hi All,

I need to return my nephews Inspiron 1525 for repair after he dropped it
pretty badly. The back hinge and screen surround are broken. Surprisingly
it still ran and he used it that way for over a year (didn't want to tell
dad) until today, when a screw fell out and the lid won't stay open. Three
year Complete Care was worth it!

Anyway Dell tech says I don't need to remove anything from the laptop. I
always thought you were supposed to remove the HD and battery. Yes or No?
Anything else before I ship it back for repair. Thanks, Pat

From: BillW50 on
In news:hvucms$c09$1(a)news.eternal-september.org,
Pat Conover typed on Wed, 23 Jun 2010 21:34:36 -0400:
> Hi All,
>
> I need to return my nephews Inspiron 1525 for repair after he dropped
> it pretty badly. The back hinge and screen surround are broken.
> Surprisingly it still ran and he used it that way for over a year
> (didn't want to tell dad) until today, when a screw fell out and the
> lid won't stay open. Three year Complete Care was worth it!
>
> Anyway Dell tech says I don't need to remove anything from the
> laptop. I always thought you were supposed to remove the HD and
> battery. Yes or No? Anything else before I ship it back for repair.
> Thanks, Pat

I would Pat! No telling what happens once you ship it out. At least you
have to battery and hard drive. Even if it isn't Dell's fault, at least
you (okay your nephew) have them.

--
Bill
Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Windows XP SP3

From: BillW50 on
In news:hvue4i$rbg$1(a)news.eternal-september.org,
BillW50 typed on Wed, 23 Jun 2010 20:58:30 -0500:
> ... you have to battery...

I meant you have the battery and hard drive, but you knew that right?

From: Pat Conover on
"BillW50" <BillW50(a)aol.kom> wrote in message
> In news:hvucms$c09$1(a)news.eternal-september.org,
> Pat Conover typed on Wed, 23 Jun 2010 21:34:36 -0400:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I need to return my nephews Inspiron 1525 for repair after he dropped
>> it pretty badly. The back hinge and screen surround are broken.
>> Surprisingly it still ran and he used it that way for over a year
>> (didn't want to tell dad) until today, when a screw fell out and the
>> lid won't stay open. Three year Complete Care was worth it!
>>
>> Anyway Dell tech says I don't need to remove anything from the
>> laptop. I always thought you were supposed to remove the HD and
>> battery. Yes or No? Anything else before I ship it back for repair.
>> Thanks, Pat
>
> I would Pat! No telling what happens once you ship it out. At least you
> have to battery and hard drive. Even if it isn't Dell's fault, at least
> you (okay your nephew) have them.
>
> --
> Bill
> Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Windows XP SP3

Bill thanks, that is what I thought too. Nothing worse than reinstalling
all your apps, etc., not to mention the lost term paper, etc.

From: Pat Conover on
"BillW50" <BillW50(a)aol.kom> wrote in message
> In news:hvucms$c09$1(a)news.eternal-september.org,
> Pat Conover typed on Wed, 23 Jun 2010 21:34:36 -0400:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I need to return my nephews Inspiron 1525 for repair after he dropped
>> it pretty badly. The back hinge and screen surround are broken.
>> Surprisingly it still ran and he used it that way for over a year
>> (didn't want to tell dad) until today, when a screw fell out and the
>> lid won't stay open. Three year Complete Care was worth it!
>>
>> Anyway Dell tech says I don't need to remove anything from the
>> laptop. I always thought you were supposed to remove the HD and
>> battery. Yes or No? Anything else before I ship it back for repair.
>> Thanks, Pat
>
> I would Pat! No telling what happens once you ship it out. At least you
> have to battery and hard drive. Even if it isn't Dell's fault, at least
> you (okay your nephew) have them.
>
> --
> Bill
> Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Windows XP SP3

P.S. You folks responded faster than Dell! But, I must say that the
warranty return was the easiest tech support conversation I ever had.
What's the problem? Laptop fell off the desk and broke on the floor. The
hinge and back of screen is broken. Checks warranty and sends a FedEx box
with RMA to return for repair. Good job Dell. Pat