From: Helsh8 on
how do you open IE tools/manage add ons

From: Buckeye Bob on
I don't show that I have that update (KB896688) installed. And I can't go to
Windows Updater because I have the same ActiveX problem the original poster
had, and my inability to get the ActiveX to install keeps me from going to
the Update site to download the fix for the ActiveX problem. So is buying a
Mac my only option at this point?

From: Michael on

"Buckeye Bob" <BuckeyeBob(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I don't show that I have that update (KB896688) installed. And I can't go
> Windows Updater because I have the same ActiveX problem the original
> poster
> had, and my inability to get the ActiveX to install keeps me from going to
> the Update site to download the fix for the ActiveX problem. So is buying
> Mac my only option at this point?

Yes, please!
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

From: Harry Johnston [MVP] on
Buckeye Bob wrote:

> I don't show that I have that update (KB896688) installed. And I can't go to
> Windows Updater because I have the same ActiveX problem the original poster
> had, and my inability to get the ActiveX to install keeps me from going to
> the Update site to download the fix for the ActiveX problem. So is buying a
> Mac my only option at this point?

If you want to install KB896688, but Windows Update doesn't work, you can
download the update from the Microsoft Download Center:

<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/results.aspx?freetext=896688&displaylang=en&stype=s_basic>

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/results.aspx?freetext=896688&displaylang=en&stype=s_basic

Harry.

From: psychmajor on