From: DunceDan50 on
Windows XP SP3 failed to install, contacting microsoft the gave me
instructions on how to register certain dll files and all but 1 registered.
Wuauserv.dll didn't register and gave the message
Wuauserv.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found.
This file can not be registered.
SP3 is still not installed and 2 other updates KB946648 & KB952287 also fail
to install giving Error Code: 0x8007F0ED
Any Ideas
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
(if any)? Were any of these applications running in the background when you
installed WinXP SP3?

If ZoneAlarm isn't installed, what is every installed?

See this recent discussion here:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/browse_frm/thread/973f5d60e3a530ac

http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=1173 | select "Windows
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

From: DunceDan50 on
I am using Norton Internet Security 2008 but I have tried installing SP3 with
this completely uninstalled and the computer booted into safe mode.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
First you said WinXP SP3 failed to install then you say that you'd installed
SP3 and the machine then booted into Safe Mode (which is another issue
altogether; cf. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953356).

Is WinXP SP3 currently installed or not? If not, did you uninstall it?

Have you read
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/msg/6b59b26146ca07ac ?

By any chance did you reinstall WinXP just before you installed (or
attempted to install) WinXP SP3?
--
~PA Bear

DunceDan50 wrote:
> I am using Norton Internet Security 2008 but I have tried installing SP3
> with this completely uninstalled and the computer booted into safe mode.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
>> anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party
>> firewall
>> (if any)? Were any of these applications running in the background when
>> you installed WinXP SP3?

<snip>

From: DunceDan50 on
Sorry for any confusion.
WinXP SP3 has never been successfully installed.
Norton Internet Security 2008 is my firewall, antivirus, anti-spyware.
Zone alarm has never been installed.
What the my last post was meant to say was that I completly uninstalled
N.I.S.2008, I then booted the computer into safe mode and thenn tried to
manually install SP3, but it didn't work.

In control panel add or remove programmes there was an entry for SP3 but the
only option was to remove it (How was this in there when it hadn't been
properly installed? unless it is installing but just not getting registered
due to the Wuauserv.dll file problem!)

I recently used system restore to go back to early june before any SP3
installation were attempted and the SP3 file was no longer in add or remove
programmes

I did not reinstall WinXP just before I attempted to install WinXP SP3? But
the original hard drive became corrupt so i had to reinstall windows on
another hard drive this was a while ago (probably at least 2 years).

I have looked at the link and KB952287, KB946648 also don't install