From: Joao Cavaco on
Hi!. I have installed Win Server 2003 Std, and when asked about the Terminal
Services i have choosen "By Device". Later i have activated my 5 CAL, but
only two persons can connect, the third is not allowed. How can i fix this?
Is there a way to roll back the "By Device" to "By user".
Thanks any way!
From: Vera Noest [MVP] on
This is most likely not a licensing problem, because then you would
have received a temporary license, and not be refused until after
90 days. Also, it wouldn't always be the third person.

This problem is most often caused by a setting on the network
interface, allowing a maximum of 2 concurrent connections.
Start Terminal Services Confiiguration - rdp-tcp connection -
properties - Network - change to "unlimited".

If this doesn't solve it, can you repost with the *exact* error
message that you get when you can't connect?
Vera Noest
TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9hbyBDYXZhY28=?=

From: Joao Cavaco on
Hi Vera. I have tried to change to "unlimited", but i can´t because there are
a message (translating from portuguese) "This server is configured to Remote
Desktop Enviroment for remote administration predifined, what gives only the
maximum of simultanious connections".

I am trying to change this remotely, does it matters?

Is there a solution for change this issue? Can i invert this situation?

Thanks.

From: Vera Noest [MVP] on
Strange! This message seems to indicate that your server is not
configured as a "real" Terminal Server at all, and that it runs
only Remote Desktop for Administration (which gives you only 2
connections).
On the other hand, in Remote Desktop mode, you wouldn't be able to
choose a licensing mode at all.

Can you verify that the Terminal Services role is properly
installed on the server? Personally, I would uninstall and re-
install it. And make sure to reboot the server after every step!

Is the server a member of a domain? Have you checked which policies
are applied to the server?