From: Rob on
On 30/03/2010 6:01 PM, Marts wrote:
> Thanks for you help, Fred. I'll have a look at it later today. Will post an
> update if anyone's interested.

I just had a problem today with FF and QT saying something wasn't
installed and it took me to a download page.

Didn't download it, not sure where it was coming from certainly not off
the apple site.

I have the full version of QT up so I can view MOV files from Adobe.
These certainly work and play on my PC as is. The MOV files don't play
in media player on my PC.

From: Marts on
Fred wrote...

> I'm guessing that you don't have the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin
> installed on that pc

Yep, that did the trick. I fired up that URL and where previously was a blank
square and a "missing plugin" message being displayed, now I see a black square,
a flickering green line to simulate sound levels and the audio file plays.

Dunno why it was calling for Quicktime.

Thanks again. It's appreciated.