From: luckypunch on
luckypunch schrieb:
> Lowell Gilbert schrieb:
>> luckypunch <drachenboot(a)gmail.com> writes:

>>> I already tryied to ignore it, but the Setupinstallation couldn't copy
>>> the files to the disk. I can't install FreeBSD!
>>
>> And what is the error when it actually fails?
>
> After configuring the partitions and the slices he'll write to the disk,
> but the following errormessage occurs:
>
> unable to transfer the base distribution from acd0

Sorry, what a stupid question :(

Have downloaded only "Bootonly"-CD... now, I download the Sources from
the FTP and it seem's, that it works, even the geometry-Error exists. Do
you mean it's a good idea to go forward with this error?
From: luckypunch on
luckypunch schrieb:
> luckypunch schrieb:
>> Lowell Gilbert schrieb:

>>> And what is the error when it actually fails?
>>
>> After configuring the partitions and the slices he'll write to the
>> disk, but the following errormessage occurs:
>>
>> unable to transfer the base distribution from acd0
>
> Sorry, what a stupid question :(
>
> Have downloaded only "Bootonly"-CD... now, I download the Sources from
> the FTP and it seem's, that it works, even the geometry-Error exists. Do
> you mean it's a good idea to go forward with this error?

Hello. Now, next Error occurs after the Install is done. It seem's, that
nothing except the Filesystem is written to the Disk. No Folders or
whatelse I can find and when he's booting, the Error "Unable to load a
kernel!" occurs.
"Can't load 'kernel'". Any hints?
From: debian on

"luckypunch" <drachenboot(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> luckypunch schrieb:
>> luckypunch schrieb:

>>> After configuring the partitions and the slices he'll write to the disk,
>>> but the following errormessage occurs:
>>>
>>> unable to transfer the base distribution from acd0
>>
>> Sorry, what a stupid question :(
>>
>> Have downloaded only "Bootonly"-CD... now, I download the Sources from
>> the FTP and it seem's, that it works, even the geometry-Error exists. Do
>> you mean it's a good idea to go forward with this error?
>
> Hello. Now, next Error occurs after the Install is done. It seem's, that
> nothing except the Filesystem is written to the Disk. No Folders or
> whatelse I can find and when he's booting, the Error "Unable to load a
> kernel!" occurs.
> "Can't load 'kernel'". Any hints?

Use something with a more stable kernel.
Use something that supports your hardware.
www.debian.org

From: luckypunch on

> Hello. Now, next Error occurs after the Install is done. It seem's, that
> nothing except the Filesystem is written to the Disk. No Folders or
> whatelse I can find and when he's booting, the Error "Unable to load a
> kernel!" occurs.
> "Can't load 'kernel'". Any hints?

Uuuhhh, have now decreased the Size of the RAID-Array from 600GB (3x
300GB, RAID-5) to 512GB and the Error with Geometry is away. Will now
try to install the System with this. But: is there a way to use the
600GB full?

Sorry for the high amount of Posts but I try to document this Issue as
good as possible.
From: oh really on

"debian" <debian(a)thebest.net> wrote in message
>> Hello. Now, next Error occurs after the Install is done. It seem's, that
>> nothing except the Filesystem is written to the Disk. No Folders or
>> whatelse I can find and when he's booting, the Error "Unable to load a
>> kernel!" occurs.
>> "Can't load 'kernel'". Any hints?
>
> Use something with a more stable kernel.
> Use something that supports your hardware.
> www.debian.org

Then he can enjoy the wonderful security features of Debian, like this one
http://www.debian.org/News/2006/20060713

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: FreeBSD vmware Winxp