From: Raymond on
Try to add windows logins in classic client, sychronize all login for the
user you want to use.
ref: install guide in NAV2009 DVD walkthough "add a user"

From: Jacques on
Hi Diane,

I had this error....and lost many hours of my life... Tks to Microsoft!
We managed to solve the problem by adding the "Sysadmin" role to the Network
Services user.......go figure why...

Open Server Management Studio-> security-> login -> make sure Network
Services is there select the user -> Server roles -> check sysadmin

--
Jacques