From: Diane on
I have downloaded the 2009 install software and attempted to install the Demo
Stand-alone version on an XP machine (after reviewing the installation
instructions provided in the Installation & Config manual for 2009). I have
SQL Server 2005 installed (Express).

After installation, I received the following message:

"The Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server cannot connect the Change Listener to SQL
Server due to the following error:

Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'."

Do I need to adjust a setting/Security to fix this?

Regards.
Diane

From: RedFox on
Dear Diane

You can define the correct user with rights for Nav-service in the Services
window.

From: Diane on
Good morning. Thanks for responding.

This is a lptop not on a network.

The only user I have on this laptop is me (and I am an administrator). I
see the option to "Log on as this Account". I tried changin the Log on to Me
and I also tried changing it to the "Local System". I restarted the service
each time and both with the same results:

"The Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server cannot connect the Change Listener to SQL
Server due to the following error: Cannot open database requested in login
'Demo Database NAV (6-0)'. Login fails. Login failed for user xxxxxxxxxxxx."

Any additional insight?

From: deconinckg on
Change that account to "network service" with no password and try again. Also
restart your service after having changed this.

From: Diane on
I changed the account for the NAV Server, SQL Server (SQL EXPRESS) and SQl
Server Agent to NETWORK SERVICE no password and restarted the services.

I receive the following error: