From: Twayne on
In news:utk%23UrBDLHA.4744(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
Brian Smith <dcg_brian(a)hotmail.com> typed:
> Last night I installed IE8 (no problems) while I was
> running XP SP2. I then discovered that SP2 support is done
> next month so I decided to install SP3. No matter what I do
> I cannot get it to install. I keep getting the error
> "Access Denied." I've tried literally every suggestion
> Microsoft offers on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949377.
> Now I'm wondering if IE8 is the issue. In other words, can
> you even install SP3 after you install IE8? Any suggestions
> would be most welcome as I'm at a loss of what to do.
> Thanks.
>
> Brian

Brian, here are 3 links that might help you, the last one in partcular. Most
people, after reading these, are able to install SP3 successfully. Be sure
to read t he whole article:

System Requirements:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314865

Minimum System Requrements:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823433

The most important one is Steps to take before you install Windows XP
Service Pack 3:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717

HTH,

Twayne`