From: SneakyP on
RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote in news:3b040b6e-7138-4f1f-9bae-
a1681d7b1141(a)l14g2000yql.googlegroups.com:

> Other big tech companies are also in the government's crosshairs.

I tried to get a system with just a hard-drive (NO OS program) and was told
that I can NOT get such a system from that place without a Microsoft OS
installed.

I reported them to the appropriate governmental agency. MicroShit seems to
have some kind of monopoly still with some minor computer outfits.

--
SneakyP
To email me, you know what to do.

From: tony cooper on
On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 23:37:40 -0500, SneakyP
<48umofa02(a)WHITELISTONLYsneakemail.com> wrote:

>RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote in news:3b040b6e-7138-4f1f-9bae-
>a1681d7b1141(a)l14g2000yql.googlegroups.com:
>
>> Other big tech companies are also in the government's crosshairs.
>>

>I tried to get a system with just a hard-drive (NO OS program) and was told
>that I can NOT get such a system from that place without a Microsoft OS
>installed.

Why would you think that's a problem? Dell is in the business to sell
computers, and to do so they tailor their inventory components to
match the needs of the most likely customers. They are not in the
bespoke computer business.

If you want a computer with no OS, you can purchase the necessary
build components from a local computer store or one of the online
suppliers of computers. It's not as if Dell is your only source.

>I reported them to the appropriate governmental agency.

What is the "appropriate governmental agency"? If there is one that
dictates what companies must stock and sell, it should be abolished.

> MicroShit seems to
>have some kind of monopoly still with some minor computer outfits.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: ray on
On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 23:37:40 -0500, SneakyP wrote:

> RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote in news:3b040b6e-7138-4f1f-9bae-
> a1681d7b1141(a)l14g2000yql.googlegroups.com:
>
>> Other big tech companies are also in the government's crosshairs.
>>

> I tried to get a system with just a hard-drive (NO OS program) and was
> told that I can NOT get such a system from that place without a
> Microsoft OS installed.
>
> I reported them to the appropriate governmental agency. MicroShit seems
> to have some kind of monopoly still with some minor computer outfits.

There have been reports from time to time of people requesting a refund
for unused MS on new computers and actually getting the money returned.
It's necessary to clearly document every stop of the process, but the MS
EULA indicates you should be able to do that.
From: BF on
On 7/23/2010 7:16 PM, RichA wrote:> previous antitrust decision. To top
of page

They need to go after microsoft too.
From: RichA on
On Jul 24, 3:11 pm, BF <bfo...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 7/23/2010 7:16 PM, RichA wrote:> previous antitrust decision. To top
> of page
>
> They need to go after microsoft too.

And Apple.
 |  Next  |  Last