From: Dudley Hanks on
The Powershot SX120 IS is good, but it just can't match the DSLR.

I mixed all my holiday pics together and asked a few folks to pick the best
10 shots. The winners were all from the XSi.

That's not to say the SX120 does bad work, the small sensor just doesn't
seem to pull through with the same kick as the larger DSLR chip.

Now, if I only had one of those nice FF bodies... :)

Take Care,
Dudley
--
"The balance between staying positive and being realistic lies somewhere in
the area of remaining hopeful." Irwin Barker

From: Gilford Brimly on
On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 20:02:26 -0600, "Dudley Hanks"
<dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote:

>The Powershot SX120 IS is good, but it just can't match the DSLR.
>
>I mixed all my holiday pics together and asked a few folks to pick the best
>10 shots. The winners were all from the XSi.
>
>That's not to say the SX120 does bad work, the small sensor just doesn't
>seem to pull through with the same kick as the larger DSLR chip.
>
>Now, if I only had one of those nice FF bodies... :)
>
>Take Care,
>Dudley

I remember seeing snaps like these once. When I was in first or second
grade. There was a book in the kids section of the library called something
like "Beginner's Scrapbook-Photography for Kids!" Only they weren't all
ruined by being tilted or the subject off the side of the frames or cut in
half. I hardly see how a more expensive camera will help you when you can't
even do what any 6 to 8 year old kid can do with a plastic-lensed
126-Instamatic camera 45 years ago.

From: bobwilliams on
Dudley Hanks wrote:
> The Powershot SX120 IS is good, but it just can't match the DSLR.
>
> I mixed all my holiday pics together and asked a few folks to pick the best
> 10 shots. The winners were all from the XSi.
>
> That's not to say the SX120 does bad work, the small sensor just doesn't
> seem to pull through with the same kick as the larger DSLR chip.
>
> Now, if I only had one of those nice FF bodies... :)
>
> Take Care,
> Dudley

Try taking a few shots with your XSi and your SX 120 at fl=360mm.
Hell! Try using it at 200 mm.
Which camera gives you the best picture?
From: bigstormpicture.com on
From: Gilford Brimly on
On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 11:59:06 -0700 (PDT), "bigstormpicture.com"
<digicana(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>On Jul 23, 11:20 pm, Gilford Brimly <gilfordbri...(a)spamless.com>
>wrote:
>
>> I remember seeing snaps like these once. When I was in first or second
>> grade. There was a book in the kids section of the library called something
>> like "Beginner's Scrapbook-Photography for Kids!" Only they weren't all
>> ruined by being tilted or the subject off the side of the frames or cut in
>> half. I hardly see how a more expensive camera will help you when you can't
>> even do what any 6 to 8 year old kid can do with a plastic-lensed
>> 126-Instamatic camera 45 years ago.
>
>That's a bit harsh, non?
>
>- -Ryan

You have a problem with honesty and truth?