From: Suren on
Hi,
I have tried all the methods mentioned in the microsoft support website to
fix the problem. However I still have the issue that I cannot connect to
internet using the 32-bit version of the internet explorer. I can connect to
internet using 64-bit version.
The website I used and followed the direction (that hasn't worked)
Actions taken so far and none of the actions worked....
- followed intructions on the above web link
- uninstalled norton 360
- disabled windows firewall
- start system in safe mode
- start IE w/o add ons
- perfomed virus scans
- performed registry scans

Anyone has suggestions on how to fix the above error message and have the IE
32-bit version to work?

Thanks
Suren
From: SJ on
Was your computer recently infected? Check the proxy settings, uncheck
everything and try.

--
Regards,
SJ

From: Virus Guy on
Suren wrote:

> I have tried all the methods mentioned in the microsoft support
> website to fix the problem. However I still have the issue that
> I cannot connect to internet using the 32-bit version of the
> internet explorer.

Is this a virus or malware issue?

Why are you posting an IE issue here in a newsgroup related to
discussions about virus/malware?
From: Peter Foldes on
[ crossposted to the IE newsgroup for a more comprehensive answer]

--
Peter

From: Don Varnau on
Hi,
You don't mention an OS, but this should be safe for Vista or Win 7.

Create and run the script/bat file by OnyXxl in this thread:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/thread/e312e580-1cbc-496b-8c6b-b69b8535a7bb

It's, in effect, a repair tool for 32-bit IE8 on 64-bit systems.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]