From: tomassis on
My fiance has gotten this "malware" program on her laptop. We called in to
Microsoft and they used a remote access program and thought they cleaned it
all up and took care of what ever it was. Now it has not only come back, but
now she can not even log into her profile. When she pushes the login button
there is a really quick flash of her background, then it logs off instantly.
Is there anything I can do without having to format? She has lots of wedding
stuff that she wants to recover. Any ideas?

From: David Kaye on
=?Utf-8?B?dG9tYXNzaXM=?= <tomassis(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is there anything I can do without having to format? She has lots of wedding
>stuff that she wants to recover. Any ideas?

Go in with safe mode as admin and roll back (that is, restore) the registry to
a prior time. If that doesn't work, use a CD-based operating system such as
BART PE and roll it back manually. There should be no need to reinstall
windows or wipe the hard drive in over 90% of cases.