From: Warren Smith on
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove this bug.

I've Googled it, but the websites that I've arrived at are just out to set
anti-virus software. My PC is jammed packed with anti-viral software but it
didn't stop my present problem.

Who do I trust? It's a nightmare out there in virus land!

Ant ideas would be much appreciated.

Warren Smith
warren.smith(a)aol.com.au

From: John Jones on
On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 21:36:47 +1100, "Warren Smith"
<warren.smith(a)aol.com.au> wrote:

>Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove this bug.

The only PC I ran into it, I used MalwareBytes Antimalware to kill it.
Had to manually remove the desktop shortcut and wallpaper left behind
by MBAM.
From: Victek on
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove this bug.
>
> I've Googled it, but the websites that I've arrived at are just out to set
> anti-virus software. My PC is jammed packed with anti-viral software but
> it didn't stop my present problem.
>
> Who do I trust? It's a nightmare out there in virus land!
>
> Ant ideas would be much appreciated.
..
MBAM will probably take care of it as long as it can run (some fake AV's
block MBAM). You can also try this one:

http://majorgeeks.com/Remove_Fake_Antivirus_d6323.html

From: Hans on
Revouninstaller is a good one.
http://www.revouninstaller.com/

From: Buffalo on

Warren Smith wrote:
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove this bug.
>
> I've Googled it, but the websites that I've arrived at are just out
> to set anti-virus software. My PC is jammed packed with anti-viral
> software but it didn't stop my present problem.
>
> Who do I trust? It's a nightmare out there in virus land!
>
> Ant ideas would be much appreciated.
>
> Warren Smith
> warren.smith(a)aol.com.au

The free version of MBAM(MalwareBytes AntiMalware) or the free version on
SAS (SuperAntiSpyware) should do the job for you. If the malware won't let
the setup file (mbam-setup.exe) for MBAM run, change the name of the setup
file and then run it.
You can change it to something like warrensmith.exe and then run it.
MBAB can be found at malwarebytes.org:
http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button

and SAS can be found at SuperAntiSpyware.com:
http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

Download the free versions, install, update and then run.

Buffalo