From: Terry Pinnell on
Why does 'Windows Security Alerts' not recognise Avira Antivir please?
Whenever I reboot my PC I get this window:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4019461/WindowsSecurity-1.jpg

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
From: VanguardLH on
Terry Pinnell wrote:

> Why does 'Windows Security Alerts' not recognise Avira Antivir please?
> Whenever I reboot my PC I get this window:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4019461/WindowsSecurity-1.jpg

Click on "Change the way Security Center alerts me" and disable that alert.
Uncheck for what this checker is checking for that isn't integrated with it.

According to the online manual, page 38, Avira AntiVir Personal support the
Windows Security Center. Have you yet tried uninstall and reinstalling it?
Have you yet started the installation for Avira (without first uninstalling
it) but selected the Repair option?

Did you visit their own forums? Some users noted that disabling and
reenabling Avira's guard gets Security Center to recognize it. When you
search over there, you might want to include the Windows version which you
omitted mentioning here.
From: Leythos on
In article <8cqam55sfsuhjag93rnrf38mpjk4aonf5h(a)4ax.com>,
terrypin(a)dial.pipex.com says...

> Why does 'Windows Security Alerts' not recognise Avira Antivir please?
> Whenever I reboot my PC I get this window:

The only time I've seen Windows not recognize a AV product is when the
proper Service Packs and updates are not installed for Windows.

Avira is clearly seen on XP SP3 machines with the updates.

Trust yourself.
From: Dave Cohen on
On 1/31/2010 10:15 AM, Leythos wrote:
> In article<8cqam55sfsuhjag93rnrf38mpjk4aonf5h(a)4ax.com>,
> terrypin(a)dial.pipex.com says...
>>
>> Why does 'Windows Security Alerts' not recognise Avira Antivir please?
>> Whenever I reboot my PC I get this window:
>
> The only time I've seen Windows not recognize a AV product is when the
> proper Service Packs and updates are not installed for Windows.
>
> Avira is clearly seen on XP SP3 machines with the updates.

I see this rarely. I think it might happen if the security center is
checking while Avira is still inactive for some reason. When you see
this, see if the Avira tray icon has stabilized. The alert normally goes
away on its own. Maybe it depends on order in which processes are started.
From: George Orwell on
From: "Terry Pinnell":
| Why does 'Windows Security Alerts' not recognise Avira Antivir please?

Why does a man with no sense of smell not recognise a turd?

https://www.mixmaster.it

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: G-Data or NOD32?