From: Simon Wright on
Ada novice <posts(a)gmx.us> writes:

> I tried to look at the examples supplied in the aunit manual and they
> aren't so straightforward to me. Are there other sources (on the web?)
> that show how to use this testing tool? Or maybe I should just print
> out the manual and read it carefully.

I found the manual quite hard. And the sample code didn't quite gel for me.

I've used it seriously -- at eg
http://coldframe.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/coldframe/coldframe/Event_Test.test/

The above doesn't have a Software Test Description, so you have to use
your imagination; Harness is the main program, Suite calls up the test
cases, Test_* are the test cases.

But this isn't by any means the only organisation possible.
From: Simon Wright on
Ada novice <posts(a)gmx.us> writes:

> On Aug 5, 8:18 pm, Tero Koskinen <tero.koski...(a)iki.fi> wrote:
>
>> AdaCommons wiki has a small article and an
>> example:http://www.adacommons.org/AUnit
>>
>> http://www.adacommons.org/AUnit_Calculator_Example
>>
>> The example is for AUnit 1.x. It most likely doesn't work out of the
>> box with AUnit 2.x or 3.x, since every AUnit major version has
>> somewhat different API.
>>

> Thanks. I did find this example earlier but the commands given there:
>
> gnatmake -Pcalc
> ./harness -v
>
> doesn't seem right. Though gnatmake -Pcalc is correct and works, I
> don't understand what the additional "./harness " is for.

To run the test!

harness is the executable (harness.exe on Windows). On Unix systems it's
normal not to include the current directory in the path; so to run the
program you have to say where it is, ".", and the directory separator is
a plain slash, not that nasty backslash.

On Windows you probably just need to say "harness -v".
From: Ada novice on
On Aug 5, 10:48 pm, Simon Wright <si...(a)pushface.org> wrote:

> I found the manual quite hard. And the sample code didn't quite gel for me.
>
> I've used it seriously -- at eghttp://coldframe.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/coldframe/coldframe/Event...
>
> The above doesn't have a Software Test Description, so you have to use
> your imagination; Harness is the main program, Suite calls up the test
> cases, Test_* are the test cases.

Is coldframe an alternative tool to aunit or does it work with aunit?

Thanks
YC
From: Simon Wright on
Ada novice <posts(a)gmx.us> writes:

> Is coldframe an alternative tool to aunit or does it work with aunit?

ColdFrame is a code generator, I used AUnit to test it, this was an
example of an extensive _use_ of AUnit.
From: Ada novice on
On Aug 6, 6:51 pm, Simon Wright <si...(a)pushface.org> wrote:

> ColdFrame is a code generator, I used AUnit to test it, this was an
> example of an extensive _use_ of AUnit.

Thanks. There are lots of files within ColdFrame. I need to print some
out and study them.

YC