From: Marco on
On Aug 5, 11:18 am, Tero Koskinen <tero.koski...(a)iki.fi> wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 10:29:05 -0700 (PDT) Ada novice wrote:
>
> > On Aug 5, 2:07 pm, Stephen Leake <stephen_le...(a)stephe-leake.org>
> > wrote:
>
> > > Yes, it is a good way to organize your testing.
>
> > I tried to look at the examples supplied in the aunit manual and they
> > aren't so straightforward to me. Are there other sources (on the web?)
> > that show how to use this testing tool? Or maybe I should just print
> > out the manual and read it carefully.
>
> AdaCommons wiki has a small article and an example:http://www.adacommons.org/AUnit
>
> http://www.adacommons.org/AUnit_Calculator_Example

also see
http://libre.adacore.com/libre/tools/aunit/
From: John McCormick on
On Aug 4, 9:19 am, Ada novice <po...(a)gmx.us> wrote:
> Hi, being a beginner in Ada and in software engineering, I came across
> a textbook mentioning aunit for writing test drivers. I write quite
> simple Ada programs and was wondering if it's worth to learn aunit and
> use it even on simple programs. I understand that it can be a time-
> saver.
>
> Thanks
>
> YC

You may be interested in a video tutorial on AUnit produced by Daniel
Bigelow (independent consultant, www.bigelow.ch).

http://www.adacore.com/2010/05/11/aunit-tutorials

AUnit requires a knowledge of Ada's OO features.

John
From: Ada novice on
On Aug 8, 3:39 pm, John McCormick <mccorm...(a)cs.uni.edu> wrote:

> You may be interested in a video tutorial on AUnit produced by Daniel
> Bigelow (independent consultant,www.bigelow.ch).
>
> http://www.adacore.com/2010/05/11/aunit-tutorials
>
> AUnit requires a knowledge of Ada's OO features.
>
> John

Thanks for the link. I shall definitely take a look at the video. If
you are John McCormick, coauthor of the two books on Ada, well I would
like to thank you for writing these books on Ada, I have both of them
though I have only covered the first chapter in your Data Structures
book. OO features are described as from Chapter 2 and I'll study it in
due time.

Thanks
YC
From: John McCormick on
On Aug 8, 12:10 pm, Ada novice <ycalleecha...(a)gmx.com> wrote:

> >http://www.adacore.com/2010/05/11/aunit-tutorials
>
> > AUnit requires a knowledge of Ada's OO features.
>
> Thanks for the link. I shall definitely take a look at the video. If
> you are John McCormick, coauthor of the two books on Ada, well I would
> like to thank you for writing these books on Ada, I have both of them
> though I have only covered the first chapter in your Data Structures
> book. OO features are described as from Chapter 2 and I'll study it in
> due time.
>
> Thanks
> YC

I'm very happy you have found my Ada textbooks useful! It is always
nice when someone notices a book author's name. Feel free to contact
me directly if you have any questions on the material in the books.
The OO material in the data structures book is elementary. Check out
the Barnes or Ben-Ari books for an in depth treatment. Should you
want to go on to learn about Ada's concurrent features, I have a new
book coming out at the end of the year: Building Parallel, Embedded,
and Real-Time Applications with Ada, www.cambridge.org/9780521197168
It is aimed at introducing the topics to novices with a background in
sequential programming.
From: Michael R on
On Aug 9, 10:05 am, John McCormick <mccorm...(a)cs.uni.edu> wrote:
> On Aug 8, 12:10 pm, Ada novice <ycalleecha...(a)gmx.com> wrote:
>

> > >http://www.adacore.com/2010/05/11/aunit-tutorials
>
> > > AUnit requires a knowledge of Ada's OO features.
>
> > Thanks for the link. I shall definitely take a look at the video. If
> > you are John McCormick, coauthor of the two books on Ada, well I would
> > like to thank you for writing these books on Ada, I have both of them
> > though I have only covered the first chapter in your Data Structures
> > book. OO features are described as from Chapter 2 and I'll study it in
> > due time.
>
> > Thanks
> > YC
>
> I'm very happy you have found my Ada textbooks useful!  It is always
> nice when someone notices a book author's name.  Feel free to contact
> me directly if you have any questions on the material in the books.
> The OO material in the data structures book is elementary.  Check out
> the Barnes or Ben-Ari books for an in depth treatment.  Should you
> want to go on to learn about Ada's concurrent features, I have a new
> book coming out at the end of the year: Building Parallel, Embedded,
> and Real-Time Applications with Ada,www.cambridge.org/9780521197168
> It is aimed at introducing the topics to novices with a background in
> sequential programming.

Hi,

I think the link to this new book should be

http://www.cambridge.org/catalogue/catalogue.asp?isbn=9780521197168

Take care,
Michael.