From: Gordon Henderson on
In article <3714618.T8p0MMh6RI(a)ale.cx>, alexd <troffasky(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>Gordon Henderson wrote:
>
>> I'm just about to put together 2 single core fanless Atom mobo's in one
>> 1U rack case for a little project too..
>
>There was a story on /. today about multi-core, 2GHz ARM chip design. It'll
>be interesting to see if that shows up on any desktop- or server-flavoured
>motherboards.

Hm. Maybe I'll wait a month or 2 :)

ARM is well supported by Debian and .. Nokia. ... Trouble is, I really
want a server sort of system - so I don't care for graphics nor sound,
and a BIOS that runs off a serial line - the sort of things I got with
Sun 15 years back.. (apart from the power consumption!)

Gordon
From: Geoffrey Clements on

"Gordon Henderson" <gordon+usenet(a)drogon.net> wrote in message
> In article <3714618.T8p0MMh6RI(a)ale.cx>, alexd <troffasky(a)hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>>Gordon Henderson wrote:
>>
>>> I'm just about to put together 2 single core fanless Atom mobo's in one
>>> 1U rack case for a little project too..
>>
>>There was a story on /. today about multi-core, 2GHz ARM chip design.
>>It'll
>>be interesting to see if that shows up on any desktop- or server-flavoured
>>motherboards.
>
> Hm. Maybe I'll wait a month or 2 :)

or maybe longer; it also says on /. that they are in negotiations with MS
about getting Windows to work with it.

--
Geoff

First  |  Prev  |