From: Emily on
Mary_Gordon(a)tvo.org wrote:
> Here is some info
> http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Prolapse_of_the_uterus?open
>
> Oh the joys of being a woman!

My grandmother had a funny story about this. She was incredibly
healthy until 81, and then was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.
Lived the expected 6 months after diagnosis. We of course would have
prefered for her to live longer (and without cancer), but all in
all not a bad way to go: 81 healthy years, then enough warning to
put one's affairs in order.

Anyway, towards the end, she had hospice nurses coming to her house
(never needed to go to a nursing home or even a hospital over night).
One day she complained about some swelling between her legs. The
hospice nurse took a look and said "prolapsed uterus, let's just
pop it back in". A few hours later, my grandma said, "But I had
a hysterectomy!" She thought it was all very funny, and I can still
remember her laughing about it.

Emily

From: YANewsreader on
In article <ucWdnUEKUcMSl6bfRVn-hg(a)comcast.com>,
Emily <erb(a)somewhere.net> wrote:

> Mary_Gordon(a)tvo.org wrote:
> > Here is some info
> > http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Prolapse_of_t
> > he_uterus?open
> >
> > Oh the joys of being a woman!
>
> My grandmother had a funny story about this.

I bet they're ROTFL over at misc.kids.pregnancy but why the f**k did you
crosspost on rec.photo.digital?

Unless you've taken some good shots of granny's prolapsed cervix....
(Information overload!!!)

--
YAnewsreader
<I do solemnly promise to trim all quotations appropriately before
From: secheese on
On 17 Mar 2005 20:38:48 -0800, wilmadockery(a)hotmail.com (Will Dockery)
wrote:

>A female co-worker mentioned to me that a friend had her uterus
>literally fall right out. Is that medically possible?

Oh yeah... I find myself steppin' around them on the sidewalks all the
time.

From: Sherrie Lee on

Will Dockery wrote:
> A female co-worker mentioned to me that a friend had her uterus
> literally fall right out. Is that medically possible?

I don't know about fall right out.
I know of this woman who'd given birth
and the birth caused her uterus
to be ripped out of her. She hemouraged.
Had to have emergency surgery.
All seemed to be due to that labour, birth
inducing medication that was administered.

From: Paul H. on

"Sherrie Lee" <sherriel383(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Will Dockery wrote:
> > A female co-worker mentioned to me that a friend had her uterus
> > literally fall right out. Is that medically possible?
>
> I don't know about fall right out.
> I know of this woman who'd given birth
> and the birth caused her uterus
> to be ripped out of her. She hemouraged.
> Had to have emergency surgery.
> All seemed to be due to that labour, birth
> inducing medication that was administered.

Yeah, I hate it when that happens. Thanks for sharing.

Next time take a picture so you'll be on topic here at rec.photo.digital

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Next: Pictures I Took From Coronado Island (HQ)