From: Will Dockery on
A female co-worker mentioned to me that a friend had her uterus
literally fall right out. Is that medically possible?
From: leilabee on
Yes, it is. It's called a prolapsed uterus.

From: Mxsmanic on
Will Dockery writes:

> A female co-worker mentioned to me that a friend had her uterus
> literally fall right out. Is that medically possible?

Not really. The uterus can drop lower in the abdomen if its usual
supports fail, and during delivery it can turn inside out and be
extruded from the body (rare, but a very serious emergency), but it
won't just "fall out" of the body.

From: Mary_Gordon on
Forgot to mention, since I just noticed it... the article on prolapse I
gave the link to, gives mostly good overview info (which is why I
picked it), but is NOT accurate when it suggests that episiotomy will
prevent prolapse. Current research suggests than episiotomy will NOT
prevent prolapse, so if your doctor tells you that as a reason you need
one, he/she is full of it.

Here is an example of what current research says
http://www.aafp.org/afp/20050201/tips/30.html

Mary G.

From: Dr. Florgenstein on
Nein.
Der openink must firscht be klosed mit der schtrong sutures.
Like ziss -

www.kup.at/journals/abbildungen/gross/2968.html

Doktor F